The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Odd Question

Hi!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I realise this will probably seem like a stupid/weird question, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
I have no knowledge of how universities in the UK work.

So someone told me they were studying at an american university, for free, because they were doing it "through" a scottish university (dundee, specifically) They mentioned something about it being a "transfer", but also mentioning that they'd have to return to dundee eventually to finish the degree. The subject is computer science.

So what I'd like to know is: Is anything close to what I've described possible? Or Is this person most likely just lying to me? Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Original post by throwaway888
Hi!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I realise this will probably seem like a stupid/weird question, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

So someone told me they were studying at an american university, for free, because they were doing it "through" a scottish university (dundee, specifically) They mentioned something about it being a "transfer", but also mentioning that they'd have to return to dundee eventually to finish the degree. The subject is computer science.

So what I'd like to know is: Is anything close to what I've described possible? Or Is this person most likely just lying to me? Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Scotland (unlike the rest of the UK) provides university education for free. I've known people who move there to exploit this. Does your friend have dual nationality?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by throwaway888
Hi!

Thank you in advance!

They would most likely be on exchange. I believe you're able to do one year abroad at a wide range of universities. For this, you would pay what you pay at your home university. So it would make sense to me.
Original post by Cognition!
Scotland (unlike the rest of the UK) provides university education for free. I've known people who move there to exploit this. Does your friend have dual nationality?

Technically you can't move to Scotland for schooling and get Scottish pricing. And obviously, you still have to be British. (Or a euro but I don't think you're talking about them in this situation)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending