The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Law Transfer

I am starting law at Aberdeen this September. Is it possible to transfer to Dundee for 2nd and susequent years ? My partner is moving to Dundee and it would make life/commuting a lot easier. Did i read somewhere that Dundee do not take Law transfers ? thanks in advance Al
Hi Al, really hope you've been able to get some answers on this offsite since posting! The best thing to do if you are seeking to transfer into second year at Dundee would be to get in contact with them directly. If you have yet to actually begin studies then it's unlikely they'll be able to set anything in motion just yet, but they should hopefully be able to advise on any steps to pursuing this in the future.

We wouldn't begrudge someone looking to transfer out of Aberdeen and would be happy to provide advice on how we can help when that time comes, but it really would be something you'd have to ask Dundee about directly first. Things can be a bit complicated with transfers in law certainly, so it would be worth getting a clear answer from them on of it would be a possibility. It looks like their Law School have [email protected] as their email address which may be a good place to start.

Know this isn't the best answer for the moment but hope it helps

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi Al, really hope you've been able to get some answers on this offsite since posting! The best thing to do if you are seeking to transfer into second year at Dundee would be to get in contact with them directly. If you have yet to actually begin studies then it's unlikely they'll be able to set anything in motion just yet, but they should hopefully be able to advise on any steps to pursuing this in the future.

We wouldn't begrudge someone looking to transfer out of Aberdeen and would be happy to provide advice on how we can help when that time comes, but it really would be something you'd have to ask Dundee about directly first. Things can be a bit complicated with transfers in law certainly, so it would be worth getting a clear answer from them on of it would be a possibility. It looks like their Law School have [email protected] as their email address which may be a good place to start.

Know this isn't the best answer for the moment but hope it helps

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Hi Matthew - Many thanks for the reply! I shoudl point out that I love Aberdeen (live 10miles away) and were it not for my partner and our soon to be born child would not countenance a transfer.Let's see how it plays out - but your advice is very much apprecaited regards Al
Original post by Atranton05
Hi Matthew - Many thanks for the reply! I shoudl point out that I love Aberdeen (live 10miles away) and were it not for my partner and our soon to be born child would not countenance a transfer.Let's see how it plays out - but your advice is very much apprecaited regards Al

Oh well thank you for saying about Aberdeen! But yes obviously life circumstances come first, so all the best in seeking a transfer to be with your family!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 4
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Oh well thank you for saying about Aberdeen! But yes obviously life circumstances come first, so all the best in seeking a transfer to be with your family!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Thanks Matthew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending