The Student Room Group

Biological Sex is a Social Construct.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cognition!
Your intentions are noble, but your points are flawed and unfounded. Many people, particularly those who are transgender, suffer from gender dysphoria and feel repulsed at their genitilia, to the point of undergoing extremely expensive surgery.
Having an issue with what the genitilia are "supposed to be identified as" is social dysphoria, in which case the individual feels uncomfortable around the gendered expectations and terminology used regarding them.

Most transgender and transsexual individuals experience physical dysphoria, social dysphoria, or a combination of the two.

It is incorrect that "no one has a problem with their genitals".

right i see, thanks for letting me know. It's just that i've come across people who are not like the ones you have described in your post, but i guess it depends on each person. Like i said in an earlier post i don't really care how people identify as when it comes to gender, it's not like that's up to me to decide
Original post by Tootles
I do have a black friend. And he gets offended when you don't call him n*****, because, in his words, 'that's what I ****ing well am.' But I don't see what that's got to do with it. Anyone can call anyone else on holding a friend or acquaintence up as an example, but that doesn't undermine what I'm saying.

But think what you want - this just says more about you than it does me. In particular, that you really, genuinely, and irrevocably are a putz. A total, complete, and utter one, with no chance of reprieve. Why? Because you're the close-minded one, by virtue of your philistinic bigotry.

yeah sure you can use your friend as an example but they don't speak for everyone in that category, youre clearly getting angry about how i think of you and now you're thinking of every insult you can come up with right? :smile: at the end of the day i'm not bothered by how people live their lives, good day :smile:
Original post by bubblegumcat
yeah sure you can use your friend as an example but they don't speak for everyone in that category, youre clearly getting angry about how i think of you and now you're thinking of every insult you can come up with right? :smile: at the end of the day i'm not bothered by how people live their lives, good day :smile:
Yes, putz is all the insults I can think of :rolleyes:

Also you obviously can't tell well-written prose from anger, so maybe I should stop responding to you, lest you start wondering if I've tracked where you live and plan on kidnapping your transmale kitten that identifies as a dog.
Original post by Tootles
Yes, putz is all the insults I can think of :rolleyes:

Also you obviously can't tell well-written prose from anger, so maybe I should stop responding to you, lest you start wondering if I've tracked where you live and plan on kidnapping your transmale kitten that identifies as a dog.

you clearly think highly of yourself from the way you write, get over yourself, this is the internet. And how did you know I have a transmale cat? :O don't even bother replying to this bc i won't answer.
Original post by bubblegumcat
you clearly think highly of yourself from the way you write, get over yourself, this is the internet. And how did you know I have a transmale cat? :O don't even bother replying to this bc i won't answer.

1o7s90.jpg
What do you count intersex as then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending