The Student Room Group

Majority of Europeans want a total ban of all Muslim immigration

Scroll to see replies

I certainly would not support a total ban on this front.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And how many of those 55% are educated? Normal people would not be against other decent human beings, more like against those with a criminal past or who had relations with criminals etc. or even those who are not educated enough that certain things or actions are not welcome.

I'd rather ban anyone entering any country with a criminal past.
Original post by Alino81
A poll showed that 55% of Europeans want a total ban of all Muslim immigration into Europe.

What do you think? Would you support a ban? Should there be a vote?

Source:
independent .co.uk/news/world/europe/most-europeans-want-muslim-ban-immigration-control-middle-east-countries-syria-iran-iraq-poll-a7567301.html
(remove space before .co.uk)

I'd support not actively letting them in
Original post by looloo2134
Sorry what you written about passports does not make sentence. Also how do you know that electron fraud rampant in Britain do you work for local government administrating the local electrons? Do you have any government statistics on electron fraud or you just enjoying have a rant?

It's well known. Look at government reports on the topic. And the areas it's worst all tend to have labour representatives. Just saying 🤔
Original post by Ribbit1234
Lol a lot of these white People are really shook and really do buy into the whole Muslims are planning to take over crap haha. Chill, majority (like over 90%) of Europe is still white.

Besides, I'm sure the majority of Muslims didn't want European countries and soldiers invading their country, bombing it, and stealing their oil and resources either. The majority of their country didn't like being colonised (a fancy word for being raped and exploited) by Europeans either.

Muslims are normal people despite what media keeps telling u. We don't sit around plotting how we might bring sharia law here. We have jobs and lives and our own problems just like everyone else, so u can stop worrying about us 'taking over'. Ffs lol

well that's what it is at the start. for example Myanmar. used to be majority Buddhist, now what?
Original post by Alino81
A poll showed that 55% of Europeans want a total ban of all Muslim immigration into Europe.

What do you think? Would you support a ban? Should there be a vote?

Source:
independent .co.uk/news/world/europe/most-europeans-want-muslim-ban-immigration-control-middle-east-countries-syria-iran-iraq-poll-a7567301.html
(remove space before .co.uk)

It's worth mentioning that the UK was one of only 2 other countries who didn't support the ban according to the poll (Spain was the other) - that's the only positive I can take out of this!

I'd be cautious of occasional rogue polls like this. I'm not denying its validity, but I wouldn't take too much from it.

It also demonstrates how sometimes democracy isn't always the best option. More democracy isn't always the answer. When I was younger I used to genuinely take pride in democracy, believing it to be this beacon of freedom. The older I get the more sceptical I get of its impact - democracy isn't always the answer. People are too insular and dismissive of the needs of others', let alone are too naive to truly take a rational-choice approach to certain decisions. Majority rules, and this often tends to be at the expense of the minority.

Specific to this issue, not only would such a ban drive a greater wedge between the West and East, but it also discounts one key point - the greatest victims of Islamic fundamentalism are moderate Muslims. Imposing such a ban would involve depriving them of some chance of hope. Both points would only serve to aggravate and antagonise the situation, running the risk of alienating a greater number moderates and the youth.
Original post by Quantex
55% of Europeans are so spineless that feel threstened by someone's religion and they want to turn Europe into a safe space?

It's a pretty threatening ideology. I somehow doubt that you'd make the same comment if Islam was replaced with Facism or Nazism.
Reply 47
Original post by Zargabaath
It's a pretty threatening ideology. I somehow doubt that you'd make the same comment if Islam was replaced with Facism or Nazism.

Islam isn't comparable with fascism or Islam. Extremist Islam maybe, but let's remember the percentage that follow extremist radical Islam are minute compared to the amount of moderate Muslims you walk past every day and benefit your society. Just like all other religions, Islam also teaches good things, that's why most Muslims are peaceful Muslims and do not support terrorist groups such as isis. There is a fundamentalist minority just like any other religion, and alienating Muslims will do nothing more than contribute to radicalisation (creates more terrorists!)
Original post by Pretish
well that's what it is at the start. for example Myanmar. used to be majority Buddhist, now what?

Now it is still overwhelming Buddhist.
Im european and im a muslim. Is that a problem?
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK, and whites will soon be a minority by 2050.
Inshallah.
Original post by Crooky0
Islam isn't comparable with fascism or Islam. Extremist Islam maybe, but let's remember the percentage that follow extremist radical Islam are minute compared to the amount of moderate Muslims you walk past every day and benefit your society. Just like all other religions, Islam also teaches good things, that's why most Muslims are peaceful Muslims and do not support terrorist groups such as isis. There is a fundamentalist minority just like any other religion, and alienating Muslims will do nothing more than contribute to radicalisation (creates more terrorists!)

Fundementalists follow the fundementals of Islam. Hence the term fundementalist. If the that makes then violent, then the fundementals of Islam are violent. This makes it a violent ideology, amongst other things.

I'd wager most Nazis wouldn't outright murder me in the street for being a different race, but that doesn't make the fact they follow that belief system any less abhorent.

On a side note, why aren't they comparable? They're both authoritarian, socially right wing, supremacist ideologies that promote the worth of the in group over everyone else.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Decimatio
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK, and whites will soon be a minority by 2050.
Inshallah.

Troll
Original post by Pretish

Original post by anarchism101
Now it is still overwhelming Buddhist.

Yeah, that scary 4.3% Muslim population dominating Myanma politics.
Yh defo that , what we'd do is tattoo A permanent Muslim stamp somewhere visible like a moon and star or summit. Or a M. Just like the Germans did.
I guess history likes to repeat itself.
To be honest and surprised the figures aren't higher.
Pick an average Muslim country. What percentage of the people in the country do you think would vote to have a ban on Christians coming there if similar percentages of predominantly Christian sex gangs were raping their children and had been for over 20 years? If unknown numbers of ordinary Christian men were paying these gangs so they could rape them too, using them as prostitutes.
If Christian terror groups we're driving lorries into innocent Muslims and attacking them in the Streets with knives and guns.
If every time a Muslim past a comment or drew a picture of Jesus Christ there were hundreds of Christians on the streets , many screaming that Christianity will overthrow Islam and eventually their country will be run by Christians .
What percentage of Muslims do you think would vote to have a ban on more Christians coming to the Country?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ismail17
Yh defo that , what we'd do is tattoo A permanent Muslim stamp somewhere visible like a moon and star or summit. Or a M. Just like the Germans did.
I guess history likes to repeat itself.

try being a Jew person living in Middle East living in any other country than Iran Turkey or Israel. If I was a Jew person living Europe I worried that the Muslim population is increasing because being forced to leaves Muslims dominated countries in Middle East in the twentieth century.

Also in Afghanistan non Muslim under the Taliban rule were forced to were arm bands.
Reply 57
Original post by Zargabaath
Fundementalists follow the fundementals of Islam. Hence the term fundementalist. If the that makes then violent, then the fundementals of Islam are violent. This makes it a violent ideology, amongst other things.

I'd wager most Nazis wouldn't outright murder me in the street for being a different race, but that doesn't make the fact they follow that belief system any less abhorent.

On a side note, why aren't they comparable? They're both authoritarian, socially right wing, supremacist ideologies that promote the worth of the in group over everyone else.

Just because they follow the same religion isn't a valid reason for generalising the billions of peaceful Muslims. Religious books are interpreted differently among different sects of the religion, who each have different ways of practicing the religion. Just like in any other religion. Do you not understand what extremism is? Fascism or Nazism are ideologies that's fundamental principles are based on the oppression of others and a centralisation of power. To follow a fascist ideology you have to believe in the oppression of others to make a society function. No follower if Islam is obliged to follow more extreme verses in the Koran as many of the verses are contradicted throughout. Fascism is literally based on the oppression of others, that is fascism, whereas Islam isn't, hence why the extremism minority of religions are extremely minute.
Original post by Crooky0
Just because they follow the same religion isn't a valid reason for generalising the billions of peaceful Muslims. Religious books are interpreted differently among different sects of the religion, who each have different ways of practicing the religion. Just like in any other religion. Do you not understand what extremism is? Fascism or Nazism are ideologies that's fundamental principles are based on the oppression of others and a centralisation of power. To follow a fascist ideology you have to believe in the oppression of others to make a society function. No follower if Islam is obliged to follow more extreme verses in the Koran as many of the verses are contradicted throughout. Fascism is literally based on the oppression of others, that is fascism, whereas Islam isn't, hence why the extremism minority of religions are extremely minute.

True and I never would generalise the character of every Muslim, when the vast majority are peaceful, nor do I support a Muslim ban. I just think the ideology as outlined in the Qur'an is odious and I question the people who agree with it and see it as the way all humans should live their lives. Decent people can still hold some abhorrent views. The people who believe homosexuality is sinful, who believe non believers deserve to be tortured for eternity for not believing in their God, ect.
That said, the vast majority of Muslims, Sunnis, are very clear on their interpretations of the Qur'an. Don't believe me? Just respectfully ask in the ISOC thread. By Western standards, their beliefs are extreme.

Islam also centralises power, it's just given to a fictional entity rather then a human one. Which is partly devolved to the Muftis, Mullahs and the like. And like the other Abrahamic religions, it certainly does revolve around the oppression of others. Which is why being a Munafiq or Murtad are the worst states for a person to be in, in Islam. Then there's the contempt for the Mushrik as well as the other Kafir. Once again, just speak to the Muslims in ISOC about their views on these groups. To say Islam isn't based on the oppression of others, the same way Fascism is, is ridiculous.
So let's just dominate the Muslims like they did us... is that what you're saying?
The Jew was hated by christians also, which is why they were sent out of to Germany to Palestine.

Everyone's population is increasing. Not just the Muslims.
It's just that more people are converting to Islam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending