The Student Room Group

Kirchoff's law question

Hello all I am having a hard time working through this question. It wasn't explained in class and all the examples on YouTube show the second power supply in the middle of the circuit which I think has a different way of calculating the current. Was wondering if anyone could please explain and go through this clearly? Thank you.
https://imgur.com/a/sJHdW
If you consider each branch of the circuit as a different loop with the power supply and use Kirchhoff's second law and write an equation for each, then you can use Kirchhoff's first law at each junction to write equations for the currents. This might help you to see what's going on more clearly. Just remember V = IR in its various forms. Hopefully that gives you somewhere to start with it.
I can't solve this. :\

Can you / anyone else?
I'm actually confused. I thought power sources in parallel just increased current but operated at the max voltage? And why in your diagram is there opposing flow from your node?

Sorry I hated electronics and I sort of didn't bother learning it ... .eeeeek
Reply 4
I ended up solving it and got I3 to be around 700mA. And the power dissipated by the resistor was 5.04W My teacher has my work now and he's given me the merit 😊
Original post by Joxh
I ended up solving it and got I3 to be around 700mA. And the power dissipated by the resistor was 5.04W My teacher has my work now and he's given me the merit 😊

plz show us your solution! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest