The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people NOT homophobic??

Scroll to see replies

everybody deserves to be treated equally in society no matter what gender/race/sexual orientation you are.
Reply 641
Original post by BlameMichaelGove
Hey, it's awesome that you feel you can voice your views. You have a hard time- you're not always acknowledged and you're put down because you feel a certain way.

I, myself, am gay. It's not a decision, I genuinely feel I always have and always will be. You don't agree with that. Cool.

Now if you're going to try to infringe on my rights, freedoms and equalities then we're gonna have an issue. If you're going to treat me differently or incite others to do so, we're gonna have an issue. If not- cool. Hate me and all I stand for. Doesn't bother me.

Thank you for not hiding behind religion or culture like some people do. Thank you for being forthcoming. Thank you for not pretending to accept something you don't, or making your hostility subtle or passive aggressive. It's not my place to change your views as it is not your place to change mine.

I wish you all the best.

Great reply
Reply 642
Original post by Huw M Thomas
I'm homophobic in the true sense of the word and I've been persecuted for the stance I've taken. I'm also against paedophilia, fornication and adultery.

What do you mean by 'the true sense of the word'?
Original post by ANM775
Just curious, but how is being gay "super" beneficial to society?

Keeps population down as they have children and means if they choose to adopt they'll be giving a child a home.
Original post by Texxers
Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.

It is frowned upon because your opinion is suggesting that people who love people of the same sex are wrong and invalid. Who people love is none of your concern, and doesn't matter to you in the slightest so why should you have an issue with it is honestly ridiculous.
Understanding, as with most things, will hopefully come to you with age and experience, although this is not always the case.

I suggest, if I may, that you educate yourself more on the subject and try to look past the general misconceptions around homosexuality.

Vbw
Original post by Fighter365
Because we live in 2017. It’s like saying why are people not racist. Because it’s blatantly not ok

Race isn't the same as sexuality
Original post by TheYearNiner
Funny how this post doesn't get deletes but when I ask questions they get removed.. hmmm
@thestudentroom

did the same to me when I wanted to talk about the pope

It is a fair analogy.

Both are protected.

Are you homophobic?
Original post by 999tigger
It is a fair analogy.

Both are protected.

Are you homophobic?

I can be what I want. And no
Reply 650
In this context, yes it is.
I can be what I want. And no

Not if it means breaking forum rules and you wish to remain.

Latest

Trending

Trending