The Student Room Group

Men hitting women?

It is socially unacceptable for a man to hit a woman and doing so in public would likely result in other males stepping in to restrain/injure the male.

what about transwomen though?

guys ..if a transwoman hit you, would you hit them back?

if a transwoman hit a biologically born female would you step in at all?

Scroll to see replies

Someone with bigger shoulders, arms and fists than me punches me in the face?

No, I would sit there and ask her to do it harder. Maybe compliment her earrings as she's knocking three of my teeth out, just because I'm a gent.
(edited 6 years ago)
Its unacceptable either way
Reply 3
Could I reverse the question here, is it acceptable for a woman to hit a man?
Like i said before it is unacceptable either way
Reply 5
If I ever saw anyone seriously hitting anyone else in public I'd be dialling 999, I don't care what appearance or biology they may have.
Reply 6
Original post by Whyct
Could I reverse the question here, is it acceptable for a woman to hit a man?

Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Like i said before it is unacceptable either way

it's always been socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man. It's literally everywhere

even in camila cabello's videos

skip to 4:52

you'd never see a male singer intentionally portray himself hitting a woman would you?
It would be heavily frowned upon.

but camila can do it and get away with it because she's female
Why do people struggle to understand that you shouldn't be hitting anybody? Is it actually that hard to realise?
Reply 8
feminism.
Reply 9
seems no guy really wants to give me a proper answer about if they would hit back if a transwoman hit them

I knew TSR was PC but I didn't realise it was this PC........... lol
interesting question, but I think the libtards will dodge it by saying they don't condone anyone hitting anyone.
Original post by petalsunrise
interesting question, but I think the libtards will dodge it by saying they don't condone anyone hitting anyone.

Congrats on avoiding the question yourself.

If a man hits me and they're close to my size (build, height etc) then they're getting something in return. Trans or not. Unless of course there's a source of recourse that I'm able to think of or find in the split second it'll have taken me to decide to hit them.

If someone significantly bigger or smaller hits me then I won't do **** because I'll either end up in hospital or in jail. Trans or not.
Original post by dsmith23

If a man hits me and they're close to my size (build, height etc) then they're getting something in return. Trans or not. Unless of course there's a source of recourse that I'm able to think of or find in the split second it'll have taken me to decide to hit them.

If someone significantly bigger or smaller hits me then I won't do **** because I'll either end up in hospital or in jail. Trans or not.

Love the honesty pal
But if someone bigger hits you and your still standing u might as well hit them back, if they are bigger than you and couldn't wipe you out in 1 shot, either they've got a crap punch or you have the jaw of a f***king gorilla so u'll probably actually batter them.

Even little lads who can throw a decent punch, if they throw the 1st punch should be able to wipe a bigger guy out, so if a bigger guy can't 1 punch you you then like I said before his punch is probably crap and u will most likely batter him

Plus they're only gonna hit u again so u might as well hit them.
Reply 13
Original post by dsmith23

thanks for answering!
Such a dumb question lol. Hitting people isn’t okay regardless of gender.
Reply 15
Gender doesn't enter into the picture here.

Force generally shouldn't be used except as a means of defence (hitting someone because they hit you isn't defence, it's retaliation). In order to use force, there should be an ongoing threat that the use of force is employed to prevent. If there's an ongoing threat, then that threat exists to the degree that it exists regardless of the genders of the people involved.

If I saw someone at risk of harm from someone else I'd like to think I'd step in regardless of the genders involved if I believed I had a realistic chance of positively affecting the outcome. I live in Japan so public violence is rare here, but I broke up a fight last month at a train station, so it has happened. In that case both people involved were male, but I hope I would've done the same no matter what the genders were.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Fizzy98
Such a dumb question lol. Hitting people isn’t okay regardless of gender.

I didn't ask if it were "okay"
... I asked would you hit back if hit?

downloading copyright music mp3's and watching copyright movies from the internet isn't "okay" but a lot of people do it.

READ the question. I was not asking if it was "okay"
Original post by bigstu99
Love the honesty pal
But if someone bigger hits you and your still standing u might as well hit them back, if they are bigger than you and couldn't wipe you out in 1 shot, either they've got a crap punch or you have the jaw of a f***king gorilla so u'll probably actually batter them.

Even little lads who can throw a decent punch, if they throw the 1st punch should be able to wipe a bigger guy out, so if a bigger guy can't 1 punch you you then like I said before his punch is probably crap and u will most likely batter him

Plus they're only gonna hit u again so u might as well hit them.

Hahaha, well, I was thinking a little more a long the lines of "get the hell away!" than just standing there and taking it, but then who knows - I've never really been in the position. I'm not that great at handling my emotions when presented with a situation that causes me great distress so who knows; I may even decide to punch the human form of a mountain if the situation arose! haha
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd slap a hoe in an instant if she hit me first.
A trans woman is a female, if you're referring to male to female transitioning, therefore it shouldn't make a difference.
However, if someone were to hit me I wouldn't take it and I'd hit back or at least go in on them verbally, and I'd also expect it back myself, not that I would hit someone. I'm not taking **** from anyone, and I don't see why men can't do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending