The Student Room Group

I need help creating a circuit that emits specific responses ?

Hi guys, im currently researching a project im interested in for university and some key features i had thought would be useful would to add a circuit that would allow the user to connect a wire into the socket (kind of like connecting a cable into your router) and if connected into the correct socket the buzzer in the circuit would buzz to show it works and if connected in the wrong socket it wouldnt. Obviously their would be various sockets with different responsibilities matching to different wires (like a router) i just really need help and guidance as to were i could see or how this could possibly be done? Thankyou
Original post by Y.A98
Hi guys, im currently researching a project im interested in for university and some key features i had thought would be useful would to add a circuit that would allow the user to connect a wire into the socket (kind of like connecting a cable into your router) and if connected into the correct socket the buzzer in the circuit would buzz to show it works and if connected in the wrong socket it wouldnt. Obviously their would be various sockets with different responsibilities matching to different wires (like a router) i just really need help and guidance as to were I could see or how this could possibly be done? Thankyou

Verry neat idea. it could work but I don't think it can buzz when simply the correct cable is connected. Because there would be no signal passing through the wire which the circuit can use to indicate something is correct or incorrect. The only way you can ensure a correct cable is connected is by mechanically designing the connections differently such that you can only connect the right plug in the right socket. so literally it needs to fit. so like you cant plug a USB cable into three-prong wall socket cos it just doesn't fit.

BUT what you can do is make it buzz when the correct device or component is plugged into the correct socket rather than just the wire. Something like that can I'm sure is achievable in a digital or computed circuit. as far as I'm aware though, a simple analog circuit doesn't have such capabilities even though a simple idea. you could probably call some sort of robotics company or computing company and ask if they have such technogies and how something like that is setup
Reply 2
That was similar to what i was thinking in honestly to a like a pressure switch that wen pushed against by the correct size cable will be forced to close the circuit thankyou for your help mate
Reply 3
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BlobBlob69
Verry neat idea. it could work but I don't think it can buzz when simply the correct cable is connected. Because there would be no signal passing through the wire which the circuit can use to indicate something is correct or incorrect. The only way you can ensure a correct cable is connected is by mechanically designing the connections differently such that you can only connect the right plug in the right socket. so literally it needs to fit. so like you cant plug a USB cable into three-prong wall socket cos it just doesn't fit.

BUT what you can do is make it buzz when the correct device or component is plugged into the correct socket rather than just the wire. Something like that can I'm sure is achievable in a digital or computed circuit. as far as I'm aware though, a simple analog circuit doesn't have such capabilities even though a simple idea. you could probably call some sort of robotics company or computing company and ask if they have such technogies and how something like that is setup

Hi mate are you familiar with types of components and how circuits work? Electrical engineering etc? If so is it possible for me to send you a diagram of my product to see if its safe/viable? Thankyou for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest