The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business Studies HELP

Hi guys,
I am studying Business Studies for my A Levels and my exam board is Edexcel. I was wondering how you guys revise? I am currently in year 12 and have been told that I'm studying units 1,2,3 and 4. I would prefer having a revision question pack rather than notes, but I can't find anything useful. Any suggestions of how to revise would be great. Thanks!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by anonoymous123
Hi guys,
I am studying Business Studies for my A Levels and need help to find some revision packs or revision questions. How do u guys revise for business?

Past papers and mark schemes.
I will have a look on Amazon to see if there are any workbooks.
Hi guys,
I am studying Business Studies for my A Levels and need help to find some revision packs or revision questions. How do u guys revise for business?

What units are you doing?
Original post by bennydfrg
What units are you doing?

Units 1,2,3 and 4
Original post by 999tigger
Past papers and mark schemes.
I will have a look on Amazon to see if there are any workbooks.

I have tried looking at the past papers and I don't really find them that useful, because there aren't that many and also because we haven't covered all of the contents yet. But thank you for the idea
Units 1,2,3 and 4

What are the subjects in 1,2,3,4?
What are the subjects in 1,2,3,4?

there are a lot for instance :
meeting customer needs
market
raising finance
financial planning
managing finance
resources manangment
external influences
and some others which we have not covered yet. I hope this helps, not sure if it will
there are a lot for instance :
meeting customer needs
market
raising finance
financial planning
managing finance
resources manangment
external influences
and some others which we have not covered yet. I hope this helps, not sure if it will

I have had a look for you and there are no revision question packs.

The closest I could get is a business workbook. Not out till April 2018

https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/secondary/BusinessAndEconomics/16plus/EdexcelAlevelBusiness2015/ISBN/Revision/REVISEEdexcelALevelBusinessRevisionGuideWorkbook_9781292213217.aspx?try=1

I think some of the textbooks by unit have revision questions in them.
I would be tempted to look at these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Edexcel+A-level+Business+Student+Guide%3A+Theme
I have had a look for you and there are no revision question packs.

The closest I could get is a business workbook. Not out till April 2018

https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/secondary/BusinessAndEconomics/16plus/EdexcelAlevelBusiness2015/ISBN/Revision/REVISEEdexcelALevelBusinessRevisionGuideWorkbook_9781292213217.aspx?try=1

I think some of the textbooks by unit have revision questions in them.
I would be tempted to look at these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Edexcel+A-level+Business+Student+Guide%3A+Theme

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I have already purchased the books on amazon and I didn't really find them that useful but I will try to check the other one too. Thanks!
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I have already purchased the books on amazon and I didn't really find them that useful but I will try to check the other one too. Thanks!

Only other study methods are:

Watching documentaries and youtube videos.

Some paid website- dont know of any for business.

Student group

Tutor

If I was studying It I would either be in mode A which is material understanding i.e revision books.

Mode B application and exam technique.

Those are the 2 stages.
Only other study methods are:

Watching documentaries and youtube videos.

Some paid website- dont know of any for business.

Student group

Tutor

If I was studying It I would either be in mode A which is material understanding i.e revision books.

Mode B application and exam technique.

Those are the 2 stages.

Thank you, this is very useful
Thank you, this is very useful

I was just trying to get to the bottom of what you wanted.

You need effective methods to do both stage A and B to get the good marks. I dont think the sort of book you think you want exists.

When you have a decent set of revision notes, then you can move to step B, then it is practice, improve, practice improve etc. The better you do stage A then the easier stage B will be. You need both.

Hopefully thats given you enough insight into how it works imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show