The Student Room Group

Gsce advice

any advice on
1.psychology edexcel
2. business studies aqa

i think i am going to pick them for gsce but haven’t studied them before so would like some advice :smile:)
hi! i'm a year 11 student who studies psychology (also edexcel) and i think it's mainly very content and theory heavy - there is a lot of stuff to memorise and it's actually unexpectedly boring, for me at least. at my school lots of people picked it because it seemed exciting and new - including myself, so it was quite surprising when i actually started studying it. as for advice, i'd say that flashcards are really good for psych because you just have to try and cram all that information into your brain - i recommend anki! you also need to practise your exam technique, it can be hard to answer exam questions because you need to be getting in some very specific points (the different aos). the mark schemes in the sample assessment material may not be that good so i recommend clarifying anything you're unsure about with your teacher. as for business i don't know anything about it so i can't help you with that. good luck and i hope you enjoy the subject you end up choosing!
Reply 2
Original post by randomthing367
hi! i'm a year 11 student who studies psychology (also edexcel) and i think it's mainly very content and theory heavy - there is a lot of stuff to memorise and it's actually unexpectedly boring, for me at least. at my school lots of people picked it because it seemed exciting and new - including myself, so it was quite surprising when i actually started studying it. as for advice, i'd say that flashcards are really good for psych because you just have to try and cram all that information into your brain - i recommend anki! you also need to practise your exam technique, it can be hard to answer exam questions because you need to be getting in some very specific points (the different aos). the mark schemes in the sample assessment material may not be that good so i recommend clarifying anything you're unsure about with your teacher. as for business i don't know anything about it so i can't help you with that. good luck and i hope you enjoy the subject you end up choosing!

thanks for the help :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest