The Student Room Group

About my a level choice answer and that’ll be very helpful

Only answer if you have done any of these a levels thanks or have friends that have So I am thinking of picking with Eduqas Computer Science,Edexcel Business Studies,Aqa Psychology,Aqa Economics,Edexcel Politics,OCR LAW and Aqa English Language and tell me about these if you have done thanks will be really helpful when come to picking my a level options wanna do 4 gonna do computer science and either any of the current options I want the one that is ez to revise understand learn and do well and get used to in exams basically want a top grade and btw I love evaluating also forgot aqa religion,philosophy and ethics btw I don’t really like acting drama is that in any of the coursework for English Lang???
(edited 3 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hey! I do AQA Psychology and AQA politics (I know you said Edexcel but it might be similar). Psychology is very interesting, there is A LOT of content and vocabulary you need to memorise but I personally think it is doable. There are many case studies and numbers you need to remember and the research methods side of psychology is horrible but overall I really love the subject. Politics, however, I personally wouldn't choose if I could go back and re-choose my A levels. There is so much content, most of it is quite boring in my opinion, the essays are horrible (but if you are good at essay writing subject then you will be fine). there is a lot of memorising involved but I guess that is expected. I hope this gives you some insight and if you have any more questions, just ask xx
Original post by 24iwebster
Hey! I do AQA Psychology and AQA politics (I know you said Edexcel but it might be similar). Psychology is very interesting, there is A LOT of content and vocabulary you need to memorise but I personally think it is doable. There are many case studies and numbers you need to remember and the research methods side of psychology is horrible but overall I really love the subject. Politics, however, I personally wouldn't choose if I could go back and re-choose my A levels. There is so much content, most of it is quite boring in my opinion, the essays are horrible (but if you are good at essay writing subject then you will be fine). there is a lot of memorising involved but I guess that is expected. I hope this gives you some insight and if you have any more questions, just ask xx
Do you find psych is easier and does it have lesser content then politics and lesser things to memorise
Reply 4
Original post by aryc_30
Only answer if you have done any of these a levels thanks or have friends that have So I am thinking of picking with Eduqas Computer Science,Edexcel Business Studies,Aqa Psychology,Aqa Economics,Edexcel Politics,OCR LAW and Aqa English Language and tell me about these if you have done thanks will be really helpful when come to picking my a level options wanna do 4 gonna do computer science and either any of the current options I want the one that is ez to revise understand learn and do well and get used to in exams basically want a top grade and btw I love evaluating also forgot aqa religion,philosophy and ethics btw I don’t really like acting drama is that in any of the coursework for English Lang???
Hi,

I picked computer science, English language and geography at A-Level and I'm in my second year. What i would first ask is can you do mathematics ? I strongly recommend doing math's as it really goes well with computer science and I've put myself at a disadvantage not picking it. However I have still found computer science enjoyable (OCR). If you decide against doing math's, I would recommend picking computer science, business and a subject you enjoy. Definitely think about mathematics though !
Hi,

I do AQA psychology, English language and edexcel economics. The coursework for English language consists of a more detailed investigation into one of the subjects you learn and a piece of writing which you then have to write a commentary on (all writing). However, I find some of the topics a bit boring. I love psychology and it consists of quite a bit of evaluating, so if you enjoy evaluating you might enjoy that but it is very content heavy, with no coursework. Economics is a good subject if it’s something you are willing to read the news everyday for but it’s also very content heavy and I don’t take business but from what my teacher and students in my eco class has said it is much easier then economics so business could be a good option as an easier a level to get a higher grade especially if you want to do 4 A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest