The Student Room Group

I am soo worried for mocks

I'm so worried for mocks can you guys give me some advice on how to start revising
my subjects are
1) English lang (edexcel)
2) English lit (edexcel) (Frankenstein, Animal farm & Macbeth)
3) Maths (edexcel)
4) Urdu (edexcel) (language)
5) History (edexcel)
6) Religious studies (AQA)
7) combined science (AQA)
8) Further Maths (AQA)
9)Classical civilisation (OCR)
10)Business studies (edexcel)
Original post by FreePalestine!
I'm so worried for mocks can you guys give me some advice on how to start revising
my subjects are
1) English lang (edexcel)
2) English lit (edexcel) (Frankenstein, Animal farm & Macbeth)
3) Maths (edexcel)
4) Urdu (edexcel) (language)
5) History (edexcel)
6) Religious studies (AQA)
7) combined science (AQA)
8) Further Maths (AQA)
9)Classical civilisation (OCR)
10)Business studies (edexcel)

Hi there

Try not to overwhelm yourself for your mocks, they're important of course but so is your wellbeing.

To start revising, I would suggest prioritising the subjects you feel less confident on and making sure you give a bit more focus to them. Don't forget your other subjects too, but for example, I found maths and science the hardest so I would make sure I did some revision for these every day.

My best revision resource was definitely using past exam papers - a lot of these should be available online. I would spend some time learning content first and then as you approach your mocks and exams, start testing yourself by answering some past questions.

Another great online resource that I loved for my GCSEs was 'Seneca' learning. This is a website where you can create an account for free, and use the premade flashcard sets for each topic - and you can find the correct exam board sets too. Then, after each subtopic, there is a quiz so you learn the content and then test your memory. The account you make tracks your progress, so you know what sets you've already covered. I used this a lot for on the go learning and found it really helpful to be able to see what I have already looked over.

I hope you find some of this helpful! And remember to still look after yourself while preparing for your exams. :smile:
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest