The Student Room Group

Is it okay for men to put there hands on females?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joel 96
I'd definitely try to pin her down and calm her before doing anything rash. I think guys are entitled to hit back, but it should be a last resort kind of thing. I don't blame anyone who does lose their patience though. A lot of women just seem to have this entitlement where they can treat men however they want.

Well ur the first person to say that.. everyone else is all like I would just punch her back.. n blah blah blah
Original post by EmilyH1256
Well ur the first person to say that.. everyone else is all like I would just punch her back.. n blah blah blah

Yeah, like I said, they are entitled to, but it really should be a last resort. If you know you can de-escalate the situation without punching, then I think you should. There's no need to go straight to it if you know you can end the fight in a lesser manner.
Original post by Joel 96
Yeah, like I said, they are entitled to, but it really should be a last resort. If you know you can de-escalate the situation without punching, then I think you should. There's no need to go straight to it if you know you can end the fight in a lesser manner.

That’s what I’ve been trying to say..
That’s what I’ve been trying to say..

Then I agree with you.
Original post by Joel 96
Then I agree with you.

Thank you.. Atleast someone understands
Yep no violence is okay unless some gyal gets rude and tries hitting me, I got to bang that shirley
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
Yep no violence is okay unless some gyal gets rude and tries hitting me, I got to bang that shirley

So if she tries but doesn’t come in contact with you , would you still hit her?
So if she tries but doesn’t come in contact with you , would you still hit her?

Idk, it would depend on the situation
I'd tell her "listen bigman, you touch me, i bang you (not the sexual way), so with all due respect move the f*** out my personal space before you get this right hook"

I'm sure she'd understand
Idk, it would depend on the situation
I'd tell her "listen bigman, you touch me, i bang you (not the sexual way), so with all due respect move the f*** out my personal space before you get this right hook"

I'm sure she'd understand

Lmfao yo you are funny...
Lmfao yo you are funny...

Thanks

Netflix and chill then?

Spoiler

Reply 90
Tbh I'm amazed at the number of people here saying they'd hit someone...

I mean if a situation actually gets to the point where someone needs to be removed from it, there's much more effective ways to do it than punching someone :tongue:
Original post by johnny.snow
Yeah you're right but tbh I need to read the full context.

I do think if you hit a woman after she hits you, you're both equally wrong even if men are stronger. It's like saying it's more wrong for a muscular guy to hit a skinny guy after him first being attacked.

How are they both equally wrong? It's literally the textbook definition of self-defence. The initiator is completely at fault regardless of gender.
Reply 92
So there is a thread with a guy talking About how he hit this girl for getting in his personal space and thinks it’s okay that he did it.. I personally don’t think it is okay so put ur hands on anyone any gender it don’t matter...but for a man to hit a female that is deff not okay.. what do you guys think...

EDIT: IT IS NOT OKAY FOR ANYONE TO PUT THERE HANDS ON ANYONE... ABUSE IS NOT OKAY... NOT PHYSICALLY MENTALLY OR EMOTIONALLY... ITS NOT OKAY...

what do you think about this situation here?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6131829/bouncer-shoves-women-pavement-belfast-pub-video/
I have not punched anyone ever, male or female. I would not strike first and if I got punched by someone I would decide what to do in the moment... if I reckon I could take them I would go full on fight, else I'd probably run away to safety.
Reply 94
If she hit him I don’t know what she expected. If I hit a guy I would deffo do it whilst ducking because I would expect to get hit back. It’s simple, you hit someone, you get hit.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dheorl
Tbh I'm amazed at the number of people here saying they'd hit someone...

I mean if a situation actually gets to the point where someone needs to be removed from it, there's much more effective ways to do it than punching someone :tongue:

Yes a lot of people say they will just punch someone but at the end of the day how many of those people would really do it.. u can say it all you want but who’s going to really do it is the real question .

Thanks

Netflix and chill then?

Spoiler

Shot if I lived where u lived hell yea lol 😂

Original post by HighOnGoofballs
How are they both equally wrong? It's literally the textbook definition of self-defence. The initiator is completely at fault regardless of gender.

They are both wrong because putting ur hands on someone is wrong..

Original post by pereira325
I have not punched anyone ever, male or female. I would not strike first and if I got punched by someone I would decide what to do in the moment... if I reckon I could take them I would go full on fight, else I'd probably run away to safety.

I would say I’m the same way but I’m not going to lie my sister pushed me to the point of hitting her first shes the only
Person that has ever done that and it was over my mom so I had a good reason..
(edited 5 years ago)
They are both wrong because putting ur hands on someone is wrong..

My comment was in response to someone who said that if a women hit a guy, and the guy hit back in self-defence, then they would both be 'equally wrong'.

That is just false.

Both in the eyes of the law and common sense.

It negates the very existence of self-preservation and self-defense.
Reply 97
Yes a lot of people say they will just punch someone but at the end of the day how many of those people would really do it.. u can say it all you want but who’s going to really do it is the real question .

I more meant why punch them when you can just smash their head into the ground. If it get's to the point where force is needed that's much more effective than breaking your own hand.
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
My comment was in response to someone who said that if a women hit a guy, and the guy hit back in self-defence, then they would both be 'equally wrong'.

That is just false.

Both in the eyes of the law and common sense.

It negates the very existence of self-preservation and self-defense.

Ok ok ok I get it... yea well they would both be wrong for hitting each other but the female more because she started it .. but obviously they would switch it around on the man..

Original post by Dheorl
I more meant why punch them when you can just smash their head into the ground. If it get's to the point where force is needed that's much more effective than breaking your own hand.

Yea what I said works for that to..
Reply 99

Yea what I said works for that to..

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I've had no problem doing that when needed (it was a wall, not a floor, but same principle applies).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending