The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths MM2B Mechanics 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme 25 June 2018

Scroll to see replies

Pretty sure the last question was the the r in terms of l.
Reply 21
Original post by levi ackerman
hmm not sure tbh, because the question from the 2013 paper was 5 marks and this one was 9 marks i think? but based on past exam questions on moments, the majority of the marks come from a. taking moments about a point and b. resolving in 2 directions, so either vertically + horizontally or parallel + perpendicular to the rod. i'm guessing there's also marks for knowing which way the reaction forces act. so maybe you only drop 1-2/3 marks? basically not many i shouldn't think! :smile:

thanks a lot for responding man!! i know my method was 100% right, i resolved parallel and perpendicular to the plane correctly, i had the reaction forces facing the right way and i took moments about a point all correctly. just made an error when subbing one eqn in for another :< !! i hope it’s only 1-3 marks lost!! how’d you find the paper?
Original post by ppdtg
thanks a lot for responding man!! i know my method was 100% right, i resolved parallel and perpendicular to the plane correctly, i had the reaction forces facing the right way and i took moments about a point all correctly. just made an error when subbing one eqn in for another :< !! i hope it’s only 1-3 marks lost!! how’d you find the paper?

yeah, you should be fine then!! hmm i thought it was pretty tough (found it slightly harder than last year's paper, but i might just be biased lol), but i think i did okay generally? not sure if i've made up for fp2 though haha!!
Reply 23
Original post by uponthyhorse
tbh probably 75 for 100 again :/

Ah that's a shame if it is - what about 90 boundary?
Original post by wa17
I have a feeling it'll be really high - like 70 or even 71
Original post by wa17

yeah hoping it's a bit less but I'm going off last year's paper
Reply 26
Original post by levi ackerman
yeah, you should be fine then!! hmm i thought it was pretty tough (found it slightly harder than last year's paper, but i might just be biased lol), but i think i did okay generally? not sure if i've made up for fp2 though haha!!

you probs did well still! and same lol not sure i made up for fp3 :< we'll just have to wait for results day -- good luck!!
Original post by ppdtg
you probs did well still! and same lol not sure i made up for fp3 :< we'll just have to wait for results day -- good luck!!

thank you! will be rooting for you, best of luck! :smile:
Original post by uponthyhorse
tbh probably 75 for 100 again :/

From hearing how the exam was I think it probably will be. I did M2 last year and dropped like 3 marks and it was only 95 ums because it was capped at 75 and the last question last year was not a repetition of a question from previous years so
Any guesses on the mark for an A because that's what I'm going for right now! :lol:
Original post by EmilySarah00
Any guesses on the mark for an A because that's what I'm going for right now! :lol:

63/64

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending