The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 1 (9MA0 01) - 4th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 1 (9MA0 01) - 4th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 4th June 2024/ PM
Length: 2hrs

Resources:
Edexcel A Level Mathematics
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aiming for A* in Maths.

Stuff I'm struggling with: As stupid as it sounds, Numerical Methods and Modulus graphs. Everything else is straightforward enough imo.
Who's finished content, we still have a few small topics in pure and a few in mechanics and stats to go idk how we're going to get it all done aaah!! I'm trying to keep on top of the old stuff and practising new stuff as we go bc I know it'll be pushed for time, luckily I have May to solidify the more recent topics...
Original post by oddchocolate05
Who's finished content, we still have a few small topics in pure and a few in mechanics and stats to go idk how we're going to get it all done aaah!! I'm trying to keep on top of the old stuff and practising new stuff as we go bc I know it'll be pushed for time, luckily I have May to solidify the more recent topics...

weve finished pure
all we have left is the rest of normal distribution then we're done
Reply 4

I do Further Maths and we've finished Normal Maths in Year 12 and we've finished Further Maths just a week ago. We're now looking at extension stuff that we could get asked in both Further Maths and normal Maths like working out the size of the population in a binomial given normal distribution data (these sorts of questions will go for like 8 marks on a normal Stats paper and is not a long way from the realm of possibility of appearing in the paper we're going to sit, though chances of it are quite slim) and looking at solving differential equations by substitution in Further Maths, which you don't have to do.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by vnayak
Aiming for A* in Maths.
Stuff I'm struggling with: As stupid as it sounds, Numerical Methods and Modulus graphs. Everything else is straightforward enough imo.

lol same here. I just can't get my head around numerical methods.
Reply 6
Original post by glitterpro124
lol same here. I just can't get my head around numerical methods.

It just doesn't feel like real Maths. I can do this stuff on change of sign from memory and Newton Raphson because it's just a formulae but the other stuff, I can't remember any of it and I easily forget things if I think it's useless. If the past papers are anything to go by, if the paper we are going to be sitting is as easy as those, A* shouldn't be too problematic. However, the 2023 paper was quite difficult in comparison to some of the other papers so who knows how hard it will be?
Original post by vnayak
It just doesn't feel like real Maths. I can do this stuff on change of sign from memory and Newton Raphson because it's just a formulae but the other stuff, I can't remember any of it and I easily forget things if I think it's useless. If the past papers are anything to go by, if the paper we are going to be sitting is as easy as those, A* shouldn't be too problematic. However, the 2023 paper was quite difficult in comparison to some of the other papers so who knows how hard it will be?

wasnt. 2023 rly easy? the 2019 ones are really hard and 2022 were kind of hard but bearable
Reply 8
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
wasnt. 2023 rly easy? the 2019 ones are really hard and 2022 were kind of hard but bearable

Lol, we are polar opposites - I felt the 2019 papers and 2022 papers were really easy. And when I say hard, I don't mean to say I found it hard - I mean it was harder in comparison to some of the other papers (in case I didn't make it clear).
I found the 2018 paper quite challenging tbh and the grade boundaries too...😬
I found the 2018 paper quite challenging tbh and the grade boundaries too...😬

Yeah the stats part of the 2018 paper was known to be challenging from what I can remember, but I didn’t do that exam series nor did I sit A-level Maths.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah the stats part of the 2018 paper was known to be challenging from what I can remember, but I didn’t do that exam series nor did I sit A-level Maths.

Hey
Original post by ivanita12
Hey

hello
hello

How are you?
How are you?

Ok and you?
Ok and you?

Yh
Yh

Tired
Yh

i am tired
Yh

That’s good then
Aiming to get A star. I m nowhere near. Obtained High C in Feb. Tried past papers n knew 90 percent of the papers but minus my errors n my marks is constantly an average of 70. How is everyone feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending