The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 1 (9MA0 01) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Mathematics Paper 1 exam go today?

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 6th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours

Resources:
Edexcel A Level Mathematics
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Omg this is scary
Reply 2
How many past papers is everyone trying to go through for maths? I want to try and get through anything but i feel like i dont have enough time with other subjects to revise for as well
Reply 3
Original post by ate3
How many past papers is everyone trying to go through for maths? I want to try and get through anything but i feel like i dont have enough time with other subjects to revise for as well

I'm currently at 2 past papers a week along with general recap of topics on some days because my history exam is next week so that has been my main focus. That being said everyone has their own way of prioritising time so as long as you're not neglecting your other subjects entirely you will be okay! We still have time until the maths exam so I wouldn't stress too much about not doing as much as you usually would for maths if you have other exams before then <3
Reply 4
ok my plan:
-dust up mechanics by doing all mechanic sections from paper 2 past papers and review Stats this week or so

-then just bash pure past papers and some questioned guided revision resources from school

should be sufficient right? (just grind out questions including some harder focused questions), anyone is welcome to critique this and/or suggest improvements to my study strat, like whats everyone's gameplan?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Adhvyth
someone help me wiht a gameplan please

past papers if you've managed to do all of the course spec and are happy with it. If not try and cover it all by the end of this week or next depending on if you have any other exams. Then just do questions, and when you get something wrong actually try to learn and understand the reason why, that should help you.
Reply 6
Original post by ate3
past papers if you've managed to do all of the course spec and are happy with it. If not try and cover it all by the end of this week or next depending on if you have any other exams. Then just do questions, and when you get something wrong actually try to learn and understand the reason why, that should help you.

Cheers for the help so far, I have business on the 23rd and physics on the 24th which im absolutely fuc**ed for, but thats another story, then I have until June 6th for maths, so when should I finish content by?
Reply 7
Original post by Adhvyth
Cheers for the help so far, I have business on the 23rd and physics on the 24th which im absolutely fuc**ed for, but thats another story, then I have until June 6th for maths, so when should I finish content by?

honestly if you have two exams next week that you aren't fully confident with then i would just put maths aside for now and just focus on them two. i dont do physics or business so i'm not sure about exact dates but i would try and do it by the end of next week starting after your current exams finish. Latest i would leave it would be half way of the week beginning 29th. But after you finish content, you will honestly have to go crazy on maths, do as many questions as possible. right now though focus on your other exams and if you have any more after that. space it out as needed
Reply 8
Original post by ate3
honestly if you have two exams next week that you aren't fully confident with then i would just put maths aside for now and just focus on them two. i dont do physics or business so i'm not sure about exact dates but i would try and do it by the end of next week starting after your current exams finish. Latest i would leave it would be half way of the week beginning 29th. But after you finish content, you will honestly have to go crazy on maths, do as many questions as possible. right now though focus on your other exams and if you have any more after that. space it out as needed

cheers
Reply 9
Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 6th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours

Resources:
Edexcel A Level Mathematics

damnnn
Hii -
Im doing a past paper for maths and marking it . I just wanted to ask do i still get full marks if i get the questions answer right but dont have the method mentioned in the mark scheme .?
Reply 11
Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
Hii -
Im doing a past paper for maths and marking it . I just wanted to ask do i still get full marks if i get the questions answer right but dont have the method mentioned in the mark scheme .?

nah you wouldnt get all the marks
Reply 12
hey! what resources/methods are everyone currently using as the exams are fast approaching now? (15 days..)
i really want to aim for a B as it only requires 45% but i keep falling a few marks short, is there any point sticking my head in the textbook now or should i just learn from past papers? any help is appreciated, thanks! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by moonbeige
hey! what resources/methods are everyone currently using as the exams are fast approaching now? (15 days..)
i really want to aim for a B as it only requires 45% but i keep falling a few marks short, is there any point sticking my head in the textbook now or should i just learn from past papers? any help is appreciated, thanks! :smile:

I used UpLearn's summary videos, you can just use fake emails and put them for free trials, i think they are quite useful
Original post by moonbeige

I think you should learn from past papers to understand how to get all the marks. Look for worked solutions for questions you aren't sure of and try similar questions so you can do them if they come up in the actual test. I think madas maths have good resources that range in difficulty which can build your skills.
Reply 15
ok, so best plan is to just focus heavy on past papers right? like print out every single one from 2017 to 2022 and then just go do them in exam condition - then once done review every question about why you got it wrong and seeking worked solutions
Reply 16
Original post by CodeX420
ok, so best plan is to just focus heavy on past papers right? like print out every single one from 2017 to 2022 and then just go do them in exam condition - then once done review every question about why you got it wrong and seeking worked solutions

pretty much
Reply 17
I acc cant believe the exams came so quickly. are the grade boundaries gonna be teh same as before the covid boundaries so 2019 or ?
Reply 18
Original post by liljoonie
I acc cant believe the exams came so quickly. are the grade boundaries gonna be teh same as before the covid boundaries so 2019 or ?

most likely
how do we interpretate the grade bounderies from edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending