The Student Room Group

Majority of the British public want the burka to be banned

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pottah
So what? The most read newspaper in this country is the Sun.

Followed by the Daily Mail, who said 'Hurrah for the Blackshirts' and now criticises Jeremy Corbyn for being anti-semitic (presumably upset that they cannot be any more).
Reply 101
Original post by QE2
Was that the one where the teacher had gone through the selection process wearing ordinary clothes and then turned up on her first day wearing a niqab?

Might well have been, yeah. :beard:

Original post by Wōden
But how many people would actually have the guts to do it? Very few I suspect, the fear of being branded some kind of 'ist' or 'phobe' is too powerful in most people.

Citation needed. Do you actually have any evidence that this is happening, or is it just an assumed part of your narrative?
Original post by GodAtum
I’ve long felt antagonistic towards women who wear the burka. I would see a woman on the streets of London, a black crow at the side of a husband or male relative, and I’d roll my eyes and tut loudly. I put the rights of women and girls to dress as they please before the rights of people of any particular faith. How dare you demean yourself in this way, I would think as I walked past. You insult every woman who died fighting for your rights and your freedom.

You do realise that if women are “free to dress as they please”, that also includes the right to wear a burqa?
Reply 103
Original post by DSutch
Followed by the Daily Mail, who said 'Hurrah for the Blackshirts' and now criticises Jeremy Corbyn for being anti-semitic (presumably upset that they cannot be any more).
Refusing to agree to not criticise Israel is not anti-semitism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending