The Student Room Group

Israel or Palestine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by admonit
It looks like one of the main arguments of haters of the Jewish state. :cool:

Now we both know that's a lie. I've outlined by distaste with that offensive apartheid state to you on numerous occasions if you're too brainwashed with Israeli propaganda to recall that merely demonstrates your ignorance of the state you profess to be a citizen of, a truly pitiful position for you.
I love how the left-wing has managed to pit Palestinians against Indians, despite the fact that most Hindu Nationalists have no reason to give two shits about Israel.
Original post by QE2
It's not an other/or issue.

Then the issues of man cause the death of man. Time to follow the issues of God who wishes us all to work together. Is this not obvious? When we work against each other he inflicts pain and suffering on both sides.
Original post by romski
Meanwhile you continue to pretend that Israel wasn't created on Palestinian land and that the Palestinians were forced out by the Jews. At least your concious is clear.....

To all Palestinian supporters: tell me more about Palestine. When was this nation founded? Who were its leaders? What was its monetary unit? What is their common history?
Hate people from both sides, both spread fear/terror. Only viable option I see with the lengths Israel is going to, is perhaps autonomy for Palestinians areas/further rights under an Israeli state
Original post by Napp
Now we both know that's a lie.

You definitely should improve the quality of your trolling. :biggrin:
Reply 146
Original post by admonit
You definitely should improve the quality of your trolling. :biggrin:

Yawn, is that really the best you can do? Pathetic.
Original post by muthalganesan18
I love how the left-wing has managed to pit Palestinians against Indians, despite the fact that most Hindu Nationalists have no reason to give two shits about Israel.

I just wonder if many Hindu nationalists in India have ever meant a Palestinians or Israeli. Why should they care about people of different ethic group and religion who live thousands of kilometres away.
Original post by looloo2134
I just wonder if many Hindu nationalists in India have ever meant a Palestinians or Israeli. Why should they care about people of different ethic group and religion who live thousands of kilometres away.

I'm guessing he's just ignorant and hates Muslims, because he wants his country to have the wasteland of Kashmir.
Israel is the only democracy in the middle-east and its one of the most developed and prosperous countrues in the world. Its just defending itself against terrorism as any country would.
Honestly, you were better off as a British colony
Original post by Pinkisk
Israel is the only democracy in the middle-east and its one of the most developed and prosperous countrues in the world. Its just defending itself against terrorism as any country would.

Developed and prosperous does mean good human rights records one of most prosperous and developed was Nazi Germany were they murder over 11 million people. Or Britain were the NHS abuse and experimented on children with Down Syndrome and learning disabilities in 50s and 60s. Most developed democracy so called civilized countries have done terrible things to vulnerable people in the past and are still happening today.
Palestine!!
Developed and prosperous does mean good human rights records one of most prosperous and developed was Nazi Germany were they murder over 11 million people. Or Britain were the NHS abuse and experimented on children with Down Syndrome and learning disabilities in 50s and 60s. Most developed democracy so called civilized countries have done terrible things to vulnerable people in the past and are still happening today.

Hmmm, that is actually a very smart reply. I concede that I was wrong in saying that its a developed country. I was wrong in giving that as a reason for innocence. As you mentioned in your comment, lots of developed countries do in fact commit crimes and humans rights abuses and a great example of this was indeed Nazi Germany, but looloo Israel is a country that isn't archaic or corrupt or one managed by a single individual or a despot. its a country that is democratic and therefore subject to laws, where people regardless of their positions in authority are answerable for their actions. Its a country that abides by law, its own and that of the international community. It suffers a lot of terrorism at the hands of its neighbouring states and its just defending itself as any other country would. Killing children is a dispicable act but what other choice do you have when these children come at you with guns and knives and suicide vests?
(edited 5 years ago)

The left-wing media in the West tends to antagonise the situation. It's a similar situation with Pakistan - the only Muslims outside the North-West of India that care about Pakistan are the devout religious Muslims who what an Islamic India ideally, whereas the rest don't give two shits about them.
Reply 155
Original post by Pinkisk
Hmmm, that is actually a very smart reply. I concede that I was wrong in saying that its a developed country. I was wrong in giving that as a reason for innocence. As you mentioned in your comment, lots of developed countries do in fact commit crimes and humans rights abuses and a great example of this was indeed Nazi Germany, but looloo Israel is a country that isn't archaic or corrupt or one managed by a single individual or a despot. its a country that is democratic and therefore subject to laws, where people regardless of their positions in authority are answerable for their actions. Its a country that abides by law, its own and that of the international community. It suffers a lot of terrorism at the hands of its neighbouring states and its just defending itself as any other country would. Killing children is a dispicable act but what other choice do you have when these children come at you with guns and knives and suicide vests?

I would refer you to Bibi who is currently being investigated for corruption. Not to mention he has quasi fascists in government with him and himself holds several key government positions, although the last point is somewhat more debatable.
Original post by Napp
I would refer you to Bibi who is currently being investigated for corruption. Not to mention he has quasi fascists in government with him and himself holds several key government positions, although the last point is somewhat more debatable.

I agree with you. There is indeed a strong case for Mr Netanyahu being a corrupt invidual who carries racist views. His trial, however, in the courts of both public opinion and the judiciary in Israel are testament to the positive nature of Israel. Israel, a country that does not allow racism, corruption and abuse of human rights perpetrated by even the prime minister of the country to go unquestioned.

Why is the last statement debateable? What do you do to a child that comes at you armed with the full intenet to kill you if he could, with a stone, a knife or a sucide vest? What can you do in such circumstance? what options do you have? Welcome them into your house and let them stab each and every single member of your family and then let them be on their way for fear of offending the conscience of the international community?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 157
Original post by Pinkisk
I agree with you. There is indeed a strong case for Mr Netanyahu being a corrupt invidual who carries racist views. His trial in the court of both public opinion and the judiciary in Israel are testament to the positive nature of Israel. A country that does not allow racism, corruption and abuse of human rights perpitrated by even the prime minister of the country to go unquestioned.

Why is the last statement debateable? What do you do to a child that comes at you armed with the full intenet to kill you if he could, with a stone, a knife or a sucide vest? What can you do in such circumstance? what options do you have? Welcome them into your house and let them stab each and every single member of your family and then let them be on their way for fear of offending the conscience of the international community?

Positive? Lol.
The country passed an explicitly racist law but a couple of months ago and perpetually abuses human rights in gaza and the West Bank ( not to mention their policy of assasination and abduction) say what you want about their motives but it is a filthy lie to assert Israel is somehow a well behaved country.

My last statement, although yours is downright wrong, in ones opinion. You don’t assassinate children with snipers, period. This is not a matter of self defence, as anyone with even a modicum of political neutrality can see. Equally if the Israelis stopped shooting them and treating them as dogs they might stop trying to kill Israelis - this not being a debatable point as numerous current and former israeli officials and leaders (such as Rabin) are in record as saying.
Original post by Napp
Positive? Lol.
The country passed an explicitly racist law but a couple of months ago and perpetually abuses human rights in gaza and the West Bank ( not to mention their policy of assasination and abduction) say what you want about their motives but it is a filthy lie to assert Israel is somehow a well behaved country.

My last statement, although yours is downright wrong, in ones opinion. You don’t assassinate children with snipers, period. This is not a matter of self defence, as anyone with even a modicum of political neutrality can see. Equally if the Israelis stopped shooting them and treating them as dogs they might stop trying to kill Israelis - this not being a debatable point as numerous current and former israeli officials and leaders (such as Rabin) are in record as saying.

hmmm.....that kind of shut me up, but I am vehemently against the new law that was passed this year. A law that denied the right of of non-jews to self determination in Israel. That is unacceptable racism. Many Jews both outside and inside Israel apposed and still actively appose this law.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/23/israel-racist-new-law-ashamed-apartheid-daniel-barenboim

Arabs and other denominations still live a great life in Israel, better than anything offered to them by the Palestinian state. Many love Israel but are afraid of expressing this love and affection for the country for fear of reprisal. Here lies the crux of the issue. In Israel an Arab can express their affection for Palestine and disdain for Israel without fear of reprisal. In Palestine an Arab would be murdered within an hour of expressing any love for the state of Israel. Moral of this story? You claim that Arabs are subject to racism in Israel and that that is a case against Israel. Yet, Arabs clearly have more rights and privileges in Israel than they do in Palestine! So what does this say about Palestine?

With regards to children, any Israeli soldeir that kills any Palestinian unfairly is put on trial and diciplined. Israelis do not condone abuse of children or anyone for that matter.

Please note that I refer to Palestinians as Palestinians as I fully recognise their right to self determination.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk

It just I can't stand the words developed democratic when it come to countries and governments. My relative escaped Nazi Germany just before he was put in a camp and my friend who has learning disabilities died in care home through abuse 5 years ago in Britain. I know a Sweden lady who was born deaf in 1970s who was forcefully sterilized by the government.

The problem with the why some Palestinian families raise there children to believe that by being killed by IDF or murdering Israelis great honor. When that view stop there will no Palestinian children killed when trying murder Israelis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending