The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well what do you want out of the university apart from a good course?
Reply 2
MilesTails
Well what do you want out of the university apart from a good course?

Good night life...
Cheap alcohol...
lol :wink:
Reply 3
jimwalks
Good night life...
Cheap alcohol...
lol :wink:

Definatly Swansea :P I hear they have like £1 shots and £1.50 for a pint on various special nights and stuff. Plus cheap rent means more money for cheap booze.

I am going to swansea this year, but I dont know about loughbourgh as never looked.

Have you been to swansea to visit?
Reply 4
Mousickle
Definatly Swansea :P I hear they have like £1 shots and £1.50 for a pint on various special nights and stuff. Plus cheap rent means more money for cheap booze.

I am going to swansea this year, but I dont know about loughbourgh as never looked.

Have you been to swansea to visit?

Oh right, didn't no alcohol was THAT CHEAP! awesome :biggrin: im used to paying like £2.50 a pint here.

Oh cool, i went to an open day in october, was good. Havn't been to look around loughborough though. what course you going to study?
Reply 5
Yup thats what people have told me about le booze! plus there is like a mile of pubs of something ^_^ score!

I thought swansea was pretty fab on the open day, I can see myself sat on the beach drinking too much quite often :P

I will be doing psychology, how about you?
Reply 6
Mousickle
Yup thats what people have told me about le booze! plus there is like a mile of pubs of something ^_^ score!

I thought swansea was pretty fab on the open day, I can see myself sat on the beach drinking too much quite often :P

I will be doing psychology, how about you?

Wow a whole mile of pubs :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I heared they are opening a new oceana soon so that should be good. Saw some pictures of it nearly finished on the internet somewhere and it looked really cool.

Yeah i thought the open day was great! The weather was a bit rubish though, was cold and raining all day so didn't look around the city centre just the university. The beach looked awesome though!

I will be doing Computer Science, looks quite likely swansea will be my firm now! :biggrin:
Reply 7
jimwalks
Wow a whole mile of pubs :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I heared they are opening a new oceana soon so that should be good. Saw some pictures of it nearly finished on the internet somewhere and it looked really cool.

Yeah i thought the open day was great! The weather was a bit rubish though, was cold and raining all day so didn't look around the city centre just the university. The beach looked awesome though!

I will be doing Computer Science, looks quite likely swansea will be my firm now! :biggrin:

Yeah, plus new oceana things means millions of student jobs for us poor people xD

When I went the whether was ok, reeealy windy but not wet so we had a look around. Walked down the beach which is lovely and sandy and huge!(but slipery,aka fell on my arse >_<)

The city center was ok too, had pretty much all of the same things as most city centers, E.g cheapo clothes like new look, tk max, primark etc. and stuff like gamestaion, HMV etc. They seemed to have pretty much all the essentials, and if you are some fashionsta that wants something more cardiff is really close on the train xD

What did you think of the acomodation? I thought the village was alot nicer that i expected!
Reply 8
Mousickle
Yeah, plus new oceana things means millions of student jobs for us poor people xD

When I went the whether was ok, reeealy windy but not wet so we had a look around. Walked down the beach which is lovely and sandy and huge!(but slipery,aka fell on my arse >_<)

The city center was ok too, had pretty much all of the same things as most city centers, E.g cheapo clothes like new look, tk max, primark etc. and stuff like gamestaion, HMV etc. They seemed to have pretty much all the essentials, and if you are some fashionsta that wants something more cardiff is really close on the train xD

What did you think of the acomodation? I thought the village was alot nicer that i expected!

lol quality! Sounds like the kinda place i want to be for uni! Just put it down as my firm, cant wait till september! :biggrin:

I thought the accomadation for the village was great i thought it would be a bit rubish for the money they charge but it was really nice and the rooms were quite a nice size as well. Definetly going to go for the village, im thinking of applying for one of the houses though rather then a flat though. What about you?

Just noticed your from norwich, that must be an awfully long journey!
Reply 9
Ah well I'm gald if i helped sway your decision :P

Yeah the rooms in the village were bigger than I thought too, plus I like the fact you can move it all aroud and make it your own. The flats were ok but I liked the houses much better. I am gonna apply for the large room in houses as they are huuuuge (just on the off chance I might get it) then a regular room in the houses and then flats. Hopefully I get a room in the houses.

Yeah it is a trek from norwich, about 5 hours on the train and I dont even dare think how long to drive! Expensive too >_<
Haha and when I went the train was delayed and missed the last conecting one so took 19 hours in all from the time we left swansea to the time we got home >_<
Hey if that doesnt put you off nothing will right!

Latest

Trending

Trending