The Student Room Group

University recommendations

Hey there, this is a Aqeel I wanna pursue biomedical sciences, so anybody can tell me .. some of the best universities having fees under 16 K pounds or less in terms of good quality of education, best reputation in medical education..laboratories facilities.. I would be careful if someone will share its own experience
Original post by Ahmad131
Hey there, this is a Aqeel I wanna pursue biomedical sciences, so anybody can tell me .. some of the best universities having fees under 16 K pounds or less in terms of good quality of education, best reputation in medical education..laboratories facilities.. I would be careful if someone will share its own experience

I think if you are an international student all university fees in the UK are £27000 a year all though I'm not totally sure so check for yourself. The university guide is a good place to start at looking for Unis, however some good ones for science I can recommend are like Loughborough, Bath, Durham, Oxford and Cambridge etc.

Hi Aqeel,

It sounds as if Swansea University could be the place for you!

I studied Applied Medical Sciences at Swansea, and am now a current Graduate Entry Medicine Student here, so I can vouch for the excellent quality of education and Swansea's reputation from a student perspective.

Swansea University offers many biomedical science type degrees, with the Pathways to Medicine degree programmes, and also Biomedical Science itself. The Pathways to Medicine degrees could be something to think about if you think that you may want to pursue a degree in Graduate Entry Medicine after your undergrad.

At Swansea, you will be taught by lecturers who are experts in their field, often drawn to Swansea due to its reputation for ground breaking research, as well as being taught in partnership with NHS Biomedical Scientists. Additionally, Swansea's connections with post-graduate employers means that studying a degree with us can really open the doors to a variety of potential future employment opportunities, with the Swansea Employability Academy really boosting your CV and professional skills portfolio. The website, hyperlinked above will tell you more, but Swansea is in the Top 5 for overall research quality, with student access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) buildings. Both of these things mean that Swansea is the perfect place for you and your career to thrive. All of the information about fees, scholarships, bursaries and funding can be found on the above links too.

Finally, from a student perspective, Swansea is a lovely place to study, especially with the beautiful beaches providing the most picturesque settings for both campuses and the surrounding Gower. We have a really friendly community of students and staff from a diverse array of backgrounds, which means that everyone who comes here fits in and makes friends. The facilities in terms of laboratories, access to expert lecturers and student support are excellent. I mean, I am on my second degree here, so they must be doing something right! I honestly can't recommend Swansea University enough, as a place to study and live. It really is a home away from home.

Let us know if you have any further questions. You could always come and visit us on an open day, whether in person or virtually!

Hope Henry - Swansea Student Ambassador and Second Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student.
Reply 3
Original post by Swansea Students
Hi Aqeel,

It sounds as if Swansea University could be the place for you!

I studied Applied Medical Sciences at Swansea, and am now a current Graduate Entry Medicine Student here, so I can vouch for the excellent quality of education and Swansea's reputation from a student perspective.

Swansea University offers many biomedical science type degrees, with the Pathways to Medicine degree programmes, and also Biomedical Science itself. The Pathways to Medicine degrees could be something to think about if you think that you may want to pursue a degree in Graduate Entry Medicine after your undergrad.

At Swansea, you will be taught by lecturers who are experts in their field, often drawn to Swansea due to its reputation for ground breaking research, as well as being taught in partnership with NHS Biomedical Scientists. Additionally, Swansea's connections with post-graduate employers means that studying a degree with us can really open the doors to a variety of potential future employment opportunities, with the Swansea Employability Academy really boosting your CV and professional skills portfolio. The website, hyperlinked above will tell you more, but Swansea is in the Top 5 for overall research quality, with student access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) buildings. Both of these things mean that Swansea is the perfect place for you and your career to thrive. All of the information about fees, scholarships, bursaries and funding can be found on the above links too.

Finally, from a student perspective, Swansea is a lovely place to study, especially with the beautiful beaches providing the most picturesque settings for both campuses and the surrounding Gower. We have a really friendly community of students and staff from a diverse array of backgrounds, which means that everyone who comes here fits in and makes friends. The facilities in terms of laboratories, access to expert lecturers and student support are excellent. I mean, I am on my second degree here, so they must be doing something right! I honestly can't recommend Swansea University enough, as a place to study and live. It really is a home away from home.

Let us know if you have any further questions. You could always come and visit us on an open day, whether in person or virtually!

Hope Henry - Swansea Student Ambassador and Second Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student.

I am soo grateful 🥹… i will start research on this university now .. how to get into this as an international student… btw i got
Letters from Kingston University and herdfordshire …what r u comments on them .. did u ever check them when u were making ur mind to pursue medical sciences .. btw I haven’t understand what is the difference between biomedical sciences or medical scie Which is better .. i am a high school student .. i did my research but haven’t got it yet .. i will be thankful if u can tell what should i do what is the difference.. just i wanna be close as to Medicine even i won’t continue medicine in future too but i am more like wanna into MBBS
Its worth considering that the person who wrote that answer was a student representative for swansea so they will have been trying to make Swansea look good to get people to go there. sorry to the representative lol i guess its your job and im not trying to toss shade at swansea but it might be a good idea to keep your options open with universities and research lots. I do recommend checking out a website called the university guide becuase it has all the universities in the UK on it. To apply I'm not sure but you can probably find guides online and again, im pretty sure international student fees are £27,000 a year, and then theres accomodation fees as well.
I am soo grateful 🥹… i will start research on this university now .. how to get into this as an international student… btw i got
Letters from Kingston University and herdfordshire …what r u comments on them .. did u ever check them when u were making ur mind to pursue medical sciences .. btw I haven’t understand what is the difference between biomedical sciences or medical scie Which is better .. i am a high school student .. i did my research but haven’t got it yet .. i will be thankful if u can tell what should i do what is the difference.. just i wanna be close as to Medicine even i won’t continue medicine in future too but i am more like wanna into MBBS

Hi there :biggrin:

I will leave below some links that might interest you:

BioMed course at Kent: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/263
Information for applying as an International student: https://www.kent.ac.uk/international/how-to-apply
Scholarships - https://www.kent.ac.uk/international/international-scholarships

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending