The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
FrenchGal
She is. She is a successful forty year old lawyer too, so she can afford it - unlike student me :p: and she's kind enough to make her David Tennant smitten friends enjoy her RSC member privileges! That's how I'm sitting in the first row when i see Hamlet in Stratford this summer, and this is how I got the ticket for December (I'm actually going with her both times because she's a theatre buff - and she's met David Tennant on several occasions!! :eek: She says he is a lovely guy).

:eek: I am very, very jealous. :hmpf: :p:

This probably sounds really weird as its not like I know him or anything but he actually seems like a pretty decent, genuine sort of guy. I'm hoping to go see the other play he's in in Stratford 'Love's Labour's Lost' as he's got a small part in that and tickets are still available.
:rolleyes:
Drewski
You're all obsessed.... :rolleyes:

Gimme Martha! :p:

Maybe he uses hypnosis on his audiences? mm.

God don't go on about Martha again...please!
Reply 2842
Miss.Naughty
Yeah he is gorgeous, very very attractive. Actually that itself is a bit of a understatement for him! :wink:
Yeah i think its amazing how he just put on an English accent like he does. Have you seen him in other things at all?
And he sends you to sleep, even better, what more could you look for in a bloke? haha!
I also find him interesting in what he says.
I guess i do have a slight obsession with him. But its all under control...i think!
He's just a brilliant actor.
I'm the only one in my friend group who thinks he's hott, they all think he's ugly and horrible. I seriously don't see how they can see him like that?

Search me.:rolleyes:

:five: My friends don't think he's hot either! I've got a weakness for dark haired men in suits anyways so he just ticks all my boxes :love: I do wish they'd let him be Dr Who with his Scottish accent as that would definitely be the icing on the cake.
Miss.Naughty
:rolleyes:

Maybe he uses hypnosis on his audiences? mm.

God don't go on about Martha again...please!

You've spent the last 5 pages espousing the great and the good of Tennant, the second I come on and talk about Freema, I get shouted down... This isn't fair!
Miss.Naughty
Yeah he is gorgeous, very very attractive. Actually that itself is a bit of a understatement for him! :wink:
Yeah i think its amazing how he just put on an English accent like he does. Have you seen him in other things at all?
And he sends you to sleep, even better, what more could you look for in a bloke? haha!
I also find him interesting in what he says.
I guess i do have a slight obsession with him. But its all under control...i think!
He's just a brilliant actor.
I'm the only one in my friend group who thinks he's hott, they all think he's ugly and horrible. I seriously don't see how they can see him like that?

Search me.:rolleyes:

David Tennant is like, not famous at all in France, nobody knows who he is (which is way I had to create a French Facebook group dedicated to him ^^), and I got all my friends hooked on Doctor Who so I wouldn't feel to lonely!! And my best friend, who is absolutely fantastic, fell in love with David too. So I have one person at least I can go crazy over him with!! And she is coming to see him in Hamlet this summer with me. She's just great :biggrin:

How can I put this without sounding like I've lost all dignity (well, to quote Ianto, no change then :p:)... I think I own most of David Tennant's TV or cinema work on DVD. And, if not, I've seen them at least. He's got his Scottish voice in Takin' Over the Asylum, Blackpool, Learners, Recovery, LA Without A Map... he sounds even more gorgeous with a Scottish accent, I can tell you that - well, i'm rather sound of West Coast Scottish accents as I used to live in Glasgow, and I tend to have it myself, though it's been fading away ever since I moved back home (to think that a friend of mine lives in the area where he grew up and knows the family from church and youth groups... sigh).

I've also seen him on stage... almost. At the National Theatre, they tape the plays that are on and store them at the Archive, you can watch them if you're willing to go to the NT Archive (Opal tube station in London). I saw The Pillowman.. The quality of the recording is mediocre, but the play was so fantastic, and David's acting was so breath taking, that it didn't really matter!! He's such a fantastic actor...
Emerald
:five: My friends don't think he's hot either! I've got a weakness for dark haired men in suits anyways so he just ticks all my boxes :love: I do wish they'd let him be Dr Who with his Scottish accent as that would definitely be the icing on the cake.

I think both of our friend groups are blind. They probably would kill me for saying this but pfft, who cares! :rolleyes:

Yeah he definetly does tick all of the right boxes for me, hes just that tall, dark and handsome type of guy.

And some people find his eyes horrible. Omg, he has got the most loveliest pair of eyes ever. Basically he is just attractive attractive attractive.

He's great in Blackpool, if you've seen that. :wink:
Emerald
:eek: I am very, very jealous. :hmpf: :p:

This probably sounds really weird as its not like I know him or anything but he actually seems like a pretty decent, genuine sort of guy. I'm hoping to go see the other play he's in in Stratford 'Love's Labour's Lost' as he's got a small part in that and tickets are still available.

Lucky you... I'm seeing Hamlet twice, once in stratford, once in London, but I can't afford another trip to Stratford (from Paris, it's pretty expensive) so I'll have to give LLL a miss.
Drewski
You've spent the last 5 pages espousing the great and the good of Tennant, the second I come on and talk about Freema, I get shouted down... This isn't fair!

Too right. :rolleyes: Tennant deserves some apreciation.

And i wasn't shouting i was simply suggesting.:cool:
Miss.Naughty
Too right. :rolleyes: Tennant deserves some apreciation.

And i wasn't shouting i was simply suggesting.:cool:

And I'm sure Freema feels left out! I simply believe in equality :p:
Drewski
And I'm sure Freema feels left out! I simply believe in equality :p:

Oh yeah, of course you do...:rolleyes:
And i believe in equality for apreciation of Tennant so bite that.
Reply 2850
FrenchGal
Lucky you... I'm seeing Hamlet twice, once in stratford, once in London, but I can't afford another trip to Stratford (from Paris, it's pretty expensive) so I'll have to give LLL a miss.

At least you get to see him be the leading man on two occasions..let's just agree we're both as lucky as each other :p:

Let us know how the Stratford production is and I'll report back on LLL.
Miss.Naughty

I don't believe in equality there. I want Tennant appreciation to take over the world - spoken from someone who lives in a country where David Tennant could roam the most crowded streets without being recognised at all - unless he bumped into British tourists, or me :p:
Miss.Naughty

I've not been complaining about your adoration of Tennant... I was jealous, sure:p: , but not complaining.

So you leave my fantasies about Freema and Billie alone:biggrin:
Emerald
At least you get to see him be the leading man on two occasions..let's just agree we're both as luck as each other :p:

Let us know how the Stratford production is and I'll report back on LLL.

Deal! Honestly, I'm counting my blessings on that. I'm so lucky I'm getting to see him twice. It's just great (I can't wait for the Stratford trip, I've had my ticket since September!! :eek: ).
FrenchGal
I don't believe in equality there. I want Tennant appreciation to take over the world - spoken from someone who lives in a country where David Tennant could roam the most crowded streets without being recognised at all - unless he bumped into British tourists, or me :p:

Ah, but do you really want all that competition? :p:
Drewski
Ah, but do you really want all that competition? :p:

He doesn't even know I exist, so why not?? At least I won't feel alone in my madness :wink:

And by the way, from a straight girl point of view, all right, but nevertheless... I think Freema Agyeman is the cutest assistant since the show's been revived.
Drewski
I've not been complaining about your adoration of Tennant... I was jealous, sure:p: , but not complaining.

So you leave my fantasies about Freema and Billie alone:biggrin:

I didn't say anything about your "fantasies", just your admiration for Freema or 'Martha'. :rolleyes:

You is jealous? Of what, Tennant's good charm...emphasised good looks...his greatness? Yup. You should be jealous.

Haha.

Wow. I love this thread.
Miss.Naughty
I didn't say anything about your "fantasies", just your admiration for Freema or 'Martha'. :rolleyes:

You is jealous? Of what, Tennant's good charm...emphasised good looks...his greatness? Yup. You should be jealous.

Haha.

Wow. I love this thread.

I'm a tall skinny guy with a different accent... Honest...:frown:

:p:
Reply 2858
FrenchGal
Deal! Honestly, I'm counting my blessings on that. I'm so lucky I'm getting to see him twice. It's just great (I can't wait for the Stratford trip, I've had my ticket since September!! :eek: ).

I know what you mean about excitement and I haven't even got my ticket. I'd love to get some decent tickets when booking opens on wed but just been in the same theatre as him will be good enough for me :love:
Drewski
I'm a tall skinny guy with a different accent... Honest...:frown:

:p:

:wink:

I believe you.

Latest