The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sleekchic
I don't think they are Tom Baker'ing him in any way shape or form. Besides off the top of my head, there have been at least three doctors who have gone down the whole coat/scarf route. I believe McCoy and Hartnell had scarves which were used occasionally.

Plus Matt Smith has had a lot of leeway on his choice of outfit because at first they wanted to fit him into a pirates costume or so I hear.

Granted his current style suits him, but there's nothing wrong IMO with adapting or changing the style slightly with each series.
It's only natural, a person tastes in clothes changes all the time but at the same time The Doctor is The Doctor so he will also have a taste for certain styles that he has worn before.
I want the shirt with question marks on the collar back.
Colonel Brusnahan
The original Cybermen (the aliens, not the androids) seem to be coming back.

Indeed :biggrin: Although in the finale photos they seem to still have the cybus logo :frown: At least the broken one does, the others seem to be out of focus but might still have it from the general shape.

Plus if the theory to hold true that the crack has transported them to the Pandorica, these Cybermen would be the ones from Victorian England, since The Doctor mentioned no one remembering them.
Reply 5363
I wonder whether the Roman legion will be the 9th. :holmes:
(they supposedly vanished in Britain in the early second century)

Oh no wait, that wouldn't work 'cause then we wouldn't remember them. Never mind.
Maybe all those lost planets will come back :awesome:
And to back up the SFX preview, 4 detailed preview clips. Obviously watch at your own risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sr4bm

SFX preview.

1) The first line is very funny

I have no idea what this could be.

2) A guest character from last week’s episode shows up a few times

Van Gogh or at least references to Van Gogh.

3) There’s the first gay allusion this series (sort of)

See the 2nd/3rd clip.

4) The Doctor has more interesting adventures with food and drink

Two words: eggs, mayo

5) Matt Smith fans will be freeze-framing one particular revealing moment

The towel scene. :teeth:

6) A can of beer is opened at an important moment

While battling an alien?

7) The Doctor commits an act of physical violence, sort of…

Well if this is directly similar to the book/comic strip it's based on then I'll guess in a game, unless he performs a hard tackle while playing football.

8) A certain face shows up for the fourth time this series; another for a third; and others for a second time

Hartnell the fourth time, Troughton (I think) the third and all the others for the second time. Somehow I can't help but think that all these images of the previous Doctors are important. Could the Doctor find himself in a situation in which he forgets who he is and then needs to be reminded?

9) There’s lots of witty dialogue

I hope so.

10) A regal couple put in an appearance

Erm

11) Amy discovers something

The ring? THE RING? I'm guessing it's either the engagement ring or something Rory related or she discovers something wrong with the Tardis or probably something unrelated to my suggestions.

12) One of the most uttered phrases of series five comes up again

Bow ties are cool?

13) It’s the most unusual ever episode of Doctor Who Confidential!

I'll take your word for it.

14) It’s back

The crack.

15) Someone says the G-word

Ginger? Geronimo? Gallifrey?

16) There’s a monster’s hand in a drawer

I have no idea.

17) The psychic paper serves several purposes

Credit card? Rent deposit type thing

18) It’s rather a sweet love story and James Corden is actually quite likeable

I hope so.

19) Someone says, “I love you”

Corden to The Doctor and then hopefully later on to his friend.

20) The Doctor is helped by some feline intuition

Cats save the day?
I hope the Doctor throws Corden's ass into a crack. He'll either find a purpose, other than being a fat, talentless waste of space on our screens, by getting wedged into the crack and therefore blocking it from harming anyone else, or disappear into it and be erased from time and space. Win-win!
Dinendal Leralonde
I hope the Doctor throws Corden's ass into a crack. He'll either find a purpose, other than being a fat, talentless waste of space on our screens, by getting wedged into the crack and therefore blocking it from harming anyone else, or disappear into it and be erased from time and space. Win-win!

Harsh. I'm guessing that means you're already going into this episode with pre-conceived expectations. Anyway I'm indifferent to Corden and I've never really seen any of his work so I don't really understand the hatred directed at him.
Not going to read other's ideas until I put my initial ideas down (so mine are untainted :awesome:)

1) The first line is very funny - Must not be said by James Corden then.

2) A guest character from last week’s episode shows up a few times - Bill Nighy? He was the only guest star really ... unless they mean Van Gogh ... which we already know.

3) There’s the first gay allusion this series (sort of) - MEHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

4) The Doctor has more interesting adventures with food and drink - What can he do to top fish custard? Pork and (strawberry) Jelly?

5) Matt Smith fans will be freeze-framing one particular revealing moment - :teeth:

6) A can of beer is opened at an important moment - Does Corden choke on it?

7) The Doctor commits an act of physical violence, sort of… - Kind of like he sort of fired a gun? And is this act of violence against a piece of furniture?

8) Acertain face shows up for the fourth time this series; another for a third; and others for a second time - Hartnell for definite then, since he's the most showy-uppy face. Can't remember the rest, but the one for a third came up last week didn't it? And the second time could be any of the Doctors (if it is one of them).

9) There’s lots of witty dialogue - ORLY?!

10) Aregal couple put in an appearance - Charles and Camilla?

11) Amy discovers something - The ring.

12) One of the most uttered phrases of series five comes up again - "Trust me"

13) It’s the most unusual ever episode of Doctor Who Confidential! - Mehhhhh.

14) It’s back - So ... it COULD be The Wire? Maybe not the same one, but one of the species. Or the crack ... most likely the crack :frown:

15) Someone says the G-word - GALLIFREY :teeth:

16) There’s a monster’s hand in a drawer - Or is the drawer itself a monster? :redface:

17) The psychic paper serves several purposes - Mopping up Tea? A coaster?

18) It’s rather a sweet love story and James Corden is actually quite likeable - SAY WHA'? Beasts be trippin'!

19) Someone says, “I love you” - James Corden ... we saw it in the trailer :| Possibly Amy to The Doctor when she confronts him about the ring.

20) The Doctor is helped by some feline intuition - The Cordens have a cat?
sleekchic
Harsh. I'm guessing that means you're already going into this episode with pre-conceived expectations. Anyway I'm indifferent to Corden and I've never really seen any of his work so I don't really understand the hatred directed at him.

I don't think he's that bad, I'm just kind of sick how someone who isn't even one of the greats of our generation is on the TV most of the time right now.

And he insulted Patrick Stewart D:< Even if Patrick said the first mean thing, Corden was still interrupting his speech!
Just watching some of the clips ... uhh ... what's with the hearing aid I wonder :redface:
LastLordofTime
I don't think he's that bad, I'm just kind of sick how someone who isn't even one of the greats of our generation is on the TV most of the time right now.

And he insulted Patrick Stewart D:< Even if Patrick said the first mean thing, Corden was still interrupting his speech!

I appear to be immune to his exposure, I can't remember the last I saw him on TV.

You could easily say Patrick Stewart insulted him, tbh I don't really care who threw the first punch, they are both adults who were involved in a somewhat childish spat. Does their spat really matter?

The hearing aid is for conversing with Amy who is apparently stuck in the TARDIS. The teasers says something about her finding something so I'm guessing/hoping she finds the ring.
Ape Gone Insane
The Doctor is gone

Into the Pandorica maybe?

the Tardis has been destroyed, and the universe is collapsing.

:eek:

The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars, as this series of Doctor Who concludes with an episode written by Steven Moffat.

So blatently young Amelia, when she is 7 perhaps?
GERONIMO is most likely the G-word. Or the common phrase.
I have a feeling that the TARDIS is indeed lost and will materialise soon.
Ape Gone Insane
Or into Amy's crack. :sexface:

Definitely. She's in the cast list. I keep thinking about the Doctor in the Weeping Angels story where he tells her it's important for her to remember what he said to her as a child as he held her head.

Then I think about how he tried to make her not forget Rory as he was being absorbed by the crack's light.

I wish I could disappear into Amy's crack. *sigh*

I knew she was definitly in it and was also thinking of the Weeping Angels as he told her to remember what he said when she was 7, so he might be telling her now.

I wonder if he got there in the weeping angels episode via the crack, (oo I like that, via the crack.)
There were two visits to when she was seven weren't there? At least that's what I got from the first episode.
Ape Gone Insane
The Doctor is gone, the Tardis has been destroyed, and the universe is collapsing. The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars, as this series of Doctor Who concludes with an episode written by Steven Moffat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2010/wk26/sat.shtml#sat_doctorwho

Seems like my theory on the Doctor being unwritten is correct (?)
:shock:

Also Karen G give away a hint for the finale. "Time loop".

:beard:

I knew it, I ******* knew it. I feel so proud that I was along the right lines, but why little girl Amelia and not grown up Amy Pond?

Anyway here's my theory, the doctor may or may not be literally gone. I've already posted that he might end up being locked in the Pandorica/Pandorica chamber, there are pics to prove this. However I think it's more far fetched, so even when the doctor's friends ie River and Amy/Amelia manage to save him, he doesn't realise who he actually is and he needs to be reminded which might relate to the whole importance of showing the different images of his past regenerations and this also happens again in The Lodger.

Plus the whole two doctors theory would seem to fit into it, the Doctor's somehow been unwritten and he needs to be saved and it's all down to Amelia. We think we first see the second future doctor in Flesh and Stone when Amy's eyes are closed and she's alone with the clerics but what we've already seen it before but we just haven't noticed it. For example at the end of The Eleventh Hour when it appears that the grown up Amy is dreaming of when she was 7 again and the Doctor is coming back to her instead of waiting 12 years, but what if that isn't a dream? What if the Doctor did go back for Amelia when she was 7 but it was a future doctor? Also there's possible sighting of the future doctor in The Beast Below and possible in Victory of the Daleks although I don't buy the latter sighting. Anyway there's also all these references to twice, 'I'll hold you personally responsibly twice', godmother with bad breadth twice etc which could just be throwaway comments.

Sigh, it's sad that I'm so excited about the finale. :erm:
Ooh yeah! The number two has come up quite a lot :redface: I hadn't really noticed it though.

I think we're all on the same sort of wavelength about the finale, but my head is kind of dead at the moment ... I'm going to go do some research (non-Who related) and probably come back later.

And you're not the only one really excited about the Finale :teeth: This has the makings of something great!
Trust me the towel pictures are a lot better than the little glimpse we got in TEH. :mmm:

Latest