The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sleekchic
The person who kills Amy is staring at you in the face, and I mean literally. Take a look at the picture.

This bit is incredibly confusing but: the romans MIGHT be autons and Rory is kind of an auton. He's 90% but the procedure goes wrong. I don't know if he's always been an auton or if this happens after he was taken by the crack. Basically they (the Nestenes) kidnap Amy and use her repressed memories to make a copy of a dead person to make them think they are alive but her memories are weird because of the crack in her room.

Also the pandorica can be used for good to save someone who is dead/dying.

Confused yet?

TBH its a children's show so i doubt its that complex :P:
DoktaUH
TBH its a children's show so i doubt its that complex :P:

It's not a children's show, it's a family show. :colonhash:

But that's definitely true, he's a tiny bit auton. Besides you underestimate kids, my little brother has kept up very well with this series and anything he hasn't understood, he's either rewatched the episode on iplayer or asked me. It's not that complex.
sleekchic
The person who kills Amy is staring at you in the face, and I mean literally. Take a look at the picture.

This bit is incredibly confusing but: the romans MIGHT be autons and Rory is kind of an auton. He's 90% but the procedure goes wrong. Basically they (the Nestenes) kidnap Amy and use her repressed memories to make a copy of a dead person to make them think they are alive but her memories are weird because of the crack in her room.

Also the pandorica can be used for good to save someone who is dead/dying.

Confused yet?

You talking about the picture where River's holding up the Cyberman's head? Cos it looks like Amy's looking more towards the camera than anyone.

And one of the descriptions of the Pandorica was a place you can't escape, not even by dying, wasn't it? Meaning it could be used for resurrection/rejuvination.
Dinendal Leralonde
You talking about the picture where River's holding up the Cyberman's head? Cos it looks like Amy's looking more towards the camera than anyone.

And one of the descriptions of the Pandorica was a place you can't escape, not even by dying, wasn't it? Meaning it could be used for resurrection/rejuvination.

No i mean the picture with a dead/lifeless Amy and Rory holding her looking pretty anguished/guilty. About two pages back.

Yeah it's a stasis chamber, you either stay roughly the same or it can be used for resurrection/rejuvenation.

I wonder if it can restart a timelords' regeneration count. :holmes:
That cyberman is no threat...infact he's armless... badumtish.
sleekchic
No i mean the picture with a dead/lifeless Amy and Rory holding her looking pretty anguished/guilty. About two pages back.

Yeah it's a stasis chamber, you either stay roughly the same or it can be used for resurrection/rejuvenation.

That could be interesting!

I have to say, oooh it looks good from the trailer!
sleekchic

Ask Romana :teehee:
BBC entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba tweeted after the Press showing of Pandorica Opens today
"Talking about the Doctor's costume after the screening Matt Smith reveals he 'went for a costume fitting this morning for next year!' "

Rumours suggest that the costume probably won't change that much, there'll only be a couple of additions to the current one.
Anyone reckon rory's gonna come back?
I really liked him. added a really good dynamic to the 'crew' :smile:
SFX preview.

Steven Moffat’s on top form with a brilliantly crafted episode – the perfect start to a two-parter.
The Doctor and Amy visit the oldest planet in the universe, where the first words in history have a familiar ring to them.
The stakes are every bit as high as in an RTD season finale.
Characters from earlier in the series make surprise appearances before the opening titles – and we’re not just talking about the series recap.
There’s something funny going on at Stonehenge.
If you thought “The Lodger” looked like a money-saving episode, you soon realise where all that spare cash went.
There’s a scene in a bar rather reminiscent of the Star Wars cantina.
There’s an armada of alien spacecraft.
The Doctor gets to deliver one of his “Get out of here!” speeches.
There’s a brilliant scare involving a human skull.
You could market an entire range of action figures on the back of this episode alone.
Amy’s engagement ring is crucial.
It’ll make you want to go back and watch the whole series again.
Someone other than the Doctor pilots the TARDIS.
The Doctor and Amy face a foe reminiscent of fembots.
There’s a fantastic nod to The Thing.
The Pandorica does indeed open.
It also closes.
The episode ends in a cliffhanger so devilish that it seems utterly inescapable. It’s going to be a very, very long week.
26 June 2010 is a very important date indeed – and not just because it’s the day of the series finale.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/06/17/doctor-who-preview-2/
Ape Gone Insane

26 June 2010 is a very important date indeed and not just because it’s the day of the series finale.

2+6+2+1 = 11 ? 11th Doctor?

Ooh, I hadn't noticed that! It's also Amy & Rory's wedding date.
Ape Gone Insane
Hm..

Seems to confirm our speculation about two Doctors.

26 June 2010 is a very important date indeed and not just because it’s the day of the series finale.

2+6+2+1 = 11 ? 11th Doctor?

Not just two doctors, I have a feeling there's a lot of things we've missed.

Isn't it also Amy's wedding day? I wonder if she still get's married to Auton Rory. At least their wedding night will be interesting to say the least. :yep:

The Doctor and Amy visit the oldest planet in the universe, where the first words in history have a familiar ring to them.

Characters from earlier in the series make surprise appearances before the opening titles and we’re not just talking about the series recap

The first one is River's "hello sweetie".

The second one is River.

And the last one is Van Gogh - Churchill - Liz 10 in that order ending at River. :cool:
Ape Gone Insane
DS ten teasers (which answer some of the SFX points)

Also, that diary page you posted a few pages back with the Amy/Tardis drawing and "Tardis pilot on it" If you look at it sideways, you see the words ...

See what's become of me, The TimeLord Victorious Lives.....

It also says something along the lines of 'Time time time see what's become of me' although not the exact words but it's from a song I think by Simon & Garfunkel. Very strange.
Hello Sweetie

Characters from earlier in the series make surprise appearances before the opening titles – and we’re not just talking about the series recap.

Spoiler

Obviously. Anyone who's seen any trailer, and the first clip, would know this.

Again, see this episode's trailer.

He realises what the Pandorica is and urges River and Amy to get out of Underhenge?

Any good story involving twists does.

River, obviously. Maybe Amy too.

The Doctor and Amy face a foe reminiscent of fembots.

Autons?

The Pandorica does indeed open.
Ah, that'd be where the episode's name comes from then...
Steven Moffat’s on top form with a brilliantly crafted episode – the perfect start to a two-parter.
Here's hoping.

Hello sweetie

Van Gogh draws a painting depicting the doctor's fate, this somehow gets to Churchill and then to Liz 10 and then finally to River Song.

And don't we know it. Stonehenge is a massive alien transmitter, well sort of.

There’s a scene in a bar rather reminiscent of the Star Wars cantina.
Do all the baddies hook up in a bar bemoaning the ongoing existence of the oncoming storm?

As is evident from the preview clips.

There's at least 10000 of them and only 3 of us and they won't expect it. Ok forget surprises or something to that effect.

Amy’s engagement ring is crucial.
I take it she remembers Rory.

Too late.

River. Possibly Amy.

The episode ends in a cliffhanger so devilish that it seems utterly inescapable. It’s going to be a very, very long week.
Is this the explosion of the TARDIS, the 'death' of the doctor and the death of Amy.

26 June 2010 is a very important date indeed – and not just because it’s the day of the series finale.
Amy's wedding day. The date the crack first appear. The explosion. The Big Band.

1. Hello sweetie writ large. Literally.
River's message.

2. "This is royal collection and I'm the ****** *****!
Liz 10's I'm the bloody queen.

I'm guessing this is when River attempts to take the painting from Liz 10.

3. Cleopatra's comin' atcha!
Except it's really River.

4. Drahvins, Zygons, Draconians, oh my!
Brilliant.

5. A nifty new Cyber-feature is revealed.
The rope thing even though their head's been detached, they can still move and use the wires from their heads.

6. An unlikely alliance is formed.
Daleks, Cybermen, Autons, Silurians, Sontarans etc

8. We finally find out where those pesky cracks are coming from.
Something to do with the doctor being locked in the TARDIS and no longer existing.

9. Death. A whole lot more death than you probably anticipated.
Amy and perhaps Rory. AGAIN.

10. But don't despair, the last word of the episode is "love".
From Rory? Amelia?
My internet is being icky ... I can't find the wikipedia page but I know which race the "fembots" are. They're basically a race where the females are the dominant gender, but they're not the autons (and have been listed as returning).
So far everyone has gotten the TARDIS pilot wrong :teehee:
DoktaUH
So far everyone has gotten the TARDIS pilot wrong :teehee:

It's River. There's a picture of River doing it, plus she has to learn to fly the TARDIS at one point because these events are before Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone. Even if it's not River, the closest person I can think of is Amy or maybe even Rory? Daleks? Cybermen? Now that's jsut bothering on ridiculous.

Who do you think it is?
sleekchic
It's River. There's a picture of River doing it, plus she has to learn to fly the TARDIS at one point because these events are before Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone. Even if it's not River, the closest person I can think of is Amy or maybe even Rory? Daleks? Cybermen? Now that's jsut bothering on ridiculous.

Who do you think it is?

I've suggested twice who it is, but noone took the hint either time, so we'll have to wait and see :biggrin:
DoktaUH
I've suggested twice who it is, but noone took the hint either time, so we'll have to wait and see :biggrin:

Romana? I just find it a bit hard to believe The Moff would bring her back right now. Seems he wants to try focussing on original stuff, minus daleks and the aliens appearing in the next episode.

Latest