The Student Room Group

ICAEW CFAB/ACA Certificate Level

Hi, does anyone know if I could still use 2016/2017 study manuals to study for todays exams? If not, because there is new material added, is there a way to find this new material without having to purchase the new study books which I imagine would be mostly the same anyway??
Original post by aquarius82
Hi, does anyone know if I could still use 2016/2017 study manuals to study for todays exams? If not, because there is new material added, is there a way to find this new material without having to purchase the new study books which I imagine would be mostly the same anyway??

Accounting - Probably the most significant change is the treatment of discounts allowed and the treatment of VAT, stronger focus on bank reconciliation
Assurance and Law - Widely the same apart from a few new additions in GDPR, Technology and Analytics
Principles of Tax - Likely to have the most significant change due to changes in Tax rates, legislation and MTD
Business, Finance and Technology - The paper was rebranded from Business and Finance to BFT due to a stronger focus on Technology in 2018
Management Information - Don't expect much change here given it's just the principles of Management Accounting

Frankly wouldn't advise you to use older books, I know so many people that fail the exams with the current study materials and if you only have 4 attempts why risk it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending