The Student Room Group

ACA exams

I was just wondering if the ACA exams are handwritten now or typed. I am typing for my a levels so I want to know if I'll need access arrangements for these as well!
Reply 1
Hi, all ACA exams are computerised. The certificate level (first level) is multiple choice.
The other 2 levels are essay based (there is word and excel functionality).
FYI, all the official materials are also only digital now. Your college will give you their own printed notes.
You can choose to sit exams at a centre or at home under remote invigilation.

As an extra piece of advice, time is everything, especially for the last 2 levels, so if you are eligible for extra time, do everything you can do to take it!

For context, i'm currently at the advanced level (last level) of Aca
Original post by anpull
Hi, all ACA exams are computerised. The certificate level (first level) is multiple choice.
The other 2 levels are essay based (there is word and excel functionality).
FYI, all the official materials are also only digital now. Your college will give you their own printed notes.
You can choose to sit exams at a centre or at home under remote invigilation.

As an extra piece of advice, time is everything, especially for the last 2 levels, so if you are eligible for extra time, do everything you can do to take it!

For context, i'm currently at the advanced level (last level) of Aca

how do you get extra time? does this continue on from gcse/ a levels
Reply 3
I am not sure how the process goes as I haven't gone through it myself, however I don't think it matters whether you had extra time in gcses/ alevels or not. As far as I know, everyone requesting extra time needs to apply to ICAEW, subject to ICAEW criteria, and provide certain evidence.

The best source of information about this is the official ICAEW guidance page - see link below (there you can find links to PDFs which outline the criteria and what you need to provide etc, based on the reason you apply for extra time eg special learning disability or medical condition etc):

https://www.icaew.com/for-current-aca-students/apply-for-exams/exam-applications/access-arrangements-guidance-for-exams
Thank you! I don’t think I’ll be eligible, I’ve never had extra time haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending