The Student Room Group

Working at the UN

Hi,
so I'm currently in my first year at sixth form studying history, geography and English, as I assume is true with most sixth formers of my age (or people in my stage in education) I've been thinking an absolute tonne about what I want to do with my life, the one thing I'm certain of is that I want to enjoy what I do, I'd rather earn £50k a year, and really love my job, than earn £100k and dread every day. I was browsing ideas and came across the UN, I haven't got a clue why it didn't occur to me earlier, it looks like an amazing organisation to work for! and is right up my alley!. is there anyone on here that could advise me on a sutible uni corse to go for that would help me stand out if I were to apply for the UN?

One idea is that I study international relations at xjtlu (English uni in China) as this would give me an amazing upper hand experience wise!

Ethan

p.s, has anyone worked for the UN? what was it like?
Reply 1
The UK is a massive organisation with job vacancies in a wide range of fields, so no-one can advise on a suitable uni course without knowing where your interests lie!

Have a look at their job vacancies to get a feel for is available and the qualifications and experience required.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending