The Student Room Group

Posts cannot be unrepped after repping them

Can you not undo your repping of someone's post anymore? I have no desire to at present, but I know in the past I've mistakenly repped someone, meaning to click on a post above or below, but before I could just click the button again and un-rep them, I think.
Original post by EVRoosevelt
Can you not undo your repping of someone's post anymore? I have no desire to at present, but I know in the past I've mistakenly repped someone, meaning to click on a post above or below, but before I could just click the button again and un-rep them, I think.

You haven't been able to do that for at two years, potentially a lot longer. (One of the first things I did after creating an account was accidentally rep someone. A quick search revealed that it couldn't be undone. I was disappointed, but just had to live with it.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You haven't been able to do that for at two years, potentially a lot longer. (One of the first things I did after creating an account was accidentally rep someone. A quick search revealed that it couldn't be undone. I was disappointed, but just had to live with it.)

Well I have been able to unrep people right up until the roll out.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney

Same for me!!! I did it just the other week.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia

I joined in late 2021, and I am (almost!) certain that I could unrep people until the update. I could have sworn I did it just the other day.

Edit - I think I am wrong! Do excuse me!! :tongue:
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Scotney

i've never been able to unrep people :hmmmm:
Reply 6
Original post by Talkative Toad
i've never been able to unrep people :hmmmm:

Perhaps I am mis-remembering altogether! I do apologise if I am.
Original post by EVRoosevelt
Perhaps I am mis-remembering altogether! I do apologise if I am.

Because on the years i've been on here, i've never seen TSR say that it's possible to do this.
Reply 8
Original post by Talkative Toad
Because on the years i've been on here, i've never seen TSR say that it's possible to do this.

Okey-doke, thank you! I must be being rather silly!! :tongue:
The only time I've seen un-rep actually happen was in fact a bug. It was happening at about the same time as @CoolCavy giving users +300 rep in one day due to another bug. :teehee:

If you like I can tag this as a feature request, to allow users to un-rep a post?:smile:
I don't think it's ever been possible, at least since neg rep was removed. I don't know if back in the day you could rep someone then neg them and have it cancel out. @PQ might know? :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by 04MR17
The only time I've seen un-rep actually happen was in fact a bug. It was happening at about the same time as @CoolCavy giving users +300 rep in one day due to another bug. :teehee:

If you like I can tag this as a feature request, to allow users to un-rep a post?:smile:

Ah, right!! :biggrin:
I think I must be mis-remembering, but I think I might have worked out why: before the update, when you hovered over the 'thumbs up' button as if to rep someone, I think your cursor changed (as it still does) from a 'pointy' cursor to a 'grabby' cursor, but I think the cursor might still have changed even if you'd already repped them, giving the appearance that you could unrep, even if you couldn't actually have clicked the 'thumbs up' to undo your rep! But again, perhaps I am entirely wrong!! :tongue:

Yes please, I think it'd be a nice idea, as I have accidentally repped the wrong person before! Thank you! :smile:
@Scotney could you confirm if you were able to do this previously, please? I think you mentioned in one of the feedback threads that you had been able to?
Reply 13
Original post by RainbowLapras
@Scotney could you confirm if you were able to do this previously, please? I think you mentioned in one of the feedback threads that you had been able to?

I think perhaps on reflection I was mistaken.You can do it on other forums but not on this one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending