The Student Room Group

Why do woke feminists ignore the sexual exploitation of children by old men?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ANM775
If the same is happening in Pakistan please find me some credible evidence of this happening.

I want to see evidence from multiple sources about grooming gangs in Pakistan

lol. you seem very naive. or just plain stupid, not sure which. you won't find 'credible evidence'. and that is because rape victims in countries such as pakistan are often accused of adultery and stoned to death. so most don't even report it
Reply 41
Original post by Ciel.
lol. you seem very naive. or just plain stupid, not sure which. you won't find 'credible evidence'. and that is because rape victims in countries such as pakistan are often accused of adultery and stoned to death. so most don't even report it

So if there's no evidence of child grooming in pakistan, how did you come to that conclusion. Have you lived there and seen it with your own eyes?

No. You've heard one or two people like nutz99 singing from that hymn sheet as an explanation so have decided to jump on the bandwagon with no actual evidence to support it 🙄
Reply 42
Original post by ANM775
So if there's no evidence of child grooming in pakistan, how did you come to that conclusion. Have you lived there and seen it with your own eyes?

No. You've heard one or two people like nutz99 singing from that hymn sheet as an explanation so have decided to jump on the bandwagon with no actual evidence to support it 🙄

lol, they don't need secret grooming gangs there. "The practice of child, early and forced marriage is widespread and occurs in all regions of Pakistan, with the highest prevalence in the Sindh province. It disproportionately affects the girl child." last year their parliament opposed the child marriage prohibition bill again. get your facts straight.
edit; actually under some new bill, they increased the min age, but there's still a huge problem with enforcing it so there you go.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 43
'Child grooming' is basically just called 'marriage' in large swathes of Pakistan
Reply 44
Original post by Ciel.
lol, they don't need secret grooming gangs there. "The practice of child, early and forced marriage is widespread and occurs in all regions of Pakistan, with the highest prevalence in the Sindh province. It disproportionately affects the girl child." last year their parliament opposed the child marriage prohibition bill again. get your facts straight.

No, You need to get your facts straight. The legal age of marriage in Pakistan is 16

The same as the UK
Reply 45
Original post by ANM775
No, You need to get your facts straight. The legal age of marriage in Pakistan is 16

The same as the UK

see my edited post, realised it like 10 seconds after posting it. and actually it's 18 in the uk unless you have your parent's permission
Reply 46
Original post by ANM775

The same as the UK

also..
"Child marriage is one of the most pressing development challenges in Pakistan today, with approximately 30 percent of girls in the country married off as child brides. While the practice is widespread, the situation is worst in the interior of Sindh province. Girls living in rural areas of Pakistan are hardest hit by child marriage, with a prevalence rate of 37 percent as opposed to 21 percent for girls from urban areas.

The punishment for a man 18 or older who violates the law is a fine of up to 1,000 rupees (about US$10), or a maximum prison sentence of one month, or both. However, nullifying illegal child marriages is not mandatory under the current law. The Law and Justice Commission (LJCP) chair in 2011 directed the secretariat to propose amendments that would lead to more stringent punishment for perpetrators of vaniand swara, a tribal customary law that mandates the forced marriage of girls as compensation or currency to settle a dispute or debt. While legislation on child marriage can serve as a solid foundation for modifying the practice, even the strongest laws and policies alone are ineffective without adequate adherence and enforcement. In Pakistan, insubstantial law enforcement and weak punishment for perpetrators mean that vani and swara, along with other forms of customary practices allowing for child marriage, persist and are even on the rise (especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Punjab), with girls as young as seven or eight forced to marry.Existing laws and punishments are clearly not strong enough to deter child marriage in Pakistan considering the high levels of the practice found in the country."

so yeah, like i said. they don't need secret grooming gangs. the 'punishment' for breaking the law on child marriage is a joke.
Reply 47
Original post by Ciel.
see my edited post, realised it like 10 seconds after posting it. and actually it's 18 in the uk unless you have your parent's permission

You can still get married at 16 though legally, which is what I said.

So to recap, it Seems you have no evidence at all that Pakistani men are grooming underage girl in gangs, in large numbers in pakistan

Therefore I reject your theory on pakistani gang grooming of underage girls in the UK being a cultural phenomenon with origins in Pakistan
If the incident is that a non-caucasian (white) immigrant has been caught doing pedo stuff with little girls or boys, then the case might be due to them not wanting to be viewed as "racist". I am not particularly sure how it is racist to call out the wrongdoings of others, even if of another race or ethnicity, but people operate in strange ways these days.

In any case, this will continue for the foreseeable future until someone influential enough decides to stand up for these children. Vilgliantees seem to be punished, and Police seem to ignore the issue here and there.
Reply 49
Original post by ANM775
You can still get married at 16 though legally, which is what I said.

So to recap, it Seems you have no evidence at all that Pakistani men are grooming underage girl in gangs, in large numbers in pakistan

Therefore I reject your theory on pakistani gang grooming of underage girls in the UK being a cultural phenomenon with origins in Pakistan

eh? can you read? like i said, they don't need grooming gangs in their countries. their culture allows them to marry 7 year olds if they pay a 10 dollar fine, or spend a couple of weeks in prison.
Reply 50
Original post by Ciel.
also..
"Child marriage is one of the most pressing development challenges in Pakistan today, with approximately 30 percent of girls in the country married off as child brides. While the practice is widespread, the situation is worst in the interior of Sindh province. Girls living in rural areas of Pakistan are hardest hit by child marriage, with a prevalence rate of 37 percent as opposed to 21 percent for girls from urban areas.

The punishment for a man 18 or older who violates the law is a fine of up to 1,000 rupees (about US$10), or a maximum prison sentence of one month, or both. However, nullifying illegal child marriages is not mandatory under the current law. The Law and Justice Commission (LJCP) chair in 2011 directed the secretariat to propose amendments that would lead to more stringent punishment for perpetrators of vaniand swara, a tribal customary law that mandates the forced marriage of girls as compensation or currency to settle a dispute or debt. While legislation on child marriage can serve as a solid foundation for modifying the practice, even the strongest laws and policies alone are ineffective without adequate adherence and enforcement. In Pakistan, insubstantial law enforcement and weak punishment for perpetrators mean that vani and swara, along with other forms of customary practices allowing for child marriage, persist and are even on the rise (especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Punjab), with girls as young as seven or eight forced to marry.Existing laws and punishments are clearly not strong enough to deter child marriage in Pakistan considering the high levels of the practice found in the country."

so yeah, like i said. they don't need secret grooming gangs. the 'punishment' for breaking the law on child marriage is a joke.

child brides is basically anyone under 18

a 16 or 17 year old is classed as a child bride. Legally a 16 or 17 year old can get married in the UK

Unless you have stats showing significant numbers of under 16's getting married I don't think this is significant. As the issue at hand being debated here is pakistani men in the UK having sex with under 16's
Reply 51
Original post by ANM775
child brides is basically anyone under 18

a 16 or 17 year old is classed as a child bride. Legally a 16 or 17 year old can get married in the UK

Unless you have stats showing significant numbers of under 16's getting married I don't think this is significant. As the issue at hand being debated here is pakistani men in the UK having sex with under 16's

it clearly says "with girls as young as seven or eight forced to marry."
but okay, ignore the facts if you wish. no idea why would you sympathise with pedos, and i don't think i want to know.
Reply 52
Original post by Ciel.
it clearly says "with girls as young as seven or eight forced to marry."
but okay, ignore the facts if you wish. no idea why would you sympathise with pedos, and i don't think i want to know.

how much girls as young as 7 or 8?

The stats you've quoted has included 16 and 17 year old girls, which are legal in the UK.

If you want to say pakistan has a problem with something which is illegal in the UK then you need to provide proper stats for it, which do not include legal stuff.

It could be 1% of all girls who are 7 or 8. Which I wouldn't really class big enough for a country to have a "problem"

I could say the UK has a problem with peadophiles and that it's a culteral thing. I mean it's constantly in the news isn't it. Why when peadophilia happens abroad it means that country has a problem with it, but when it happens in the UK there's no problem.

I've seen a topic on here about child abuse a few years ago, and it was FULL of girls saying they'd been sexually abused as a child. Why are you not branding england a peadophile culture. why just pakistan?

Just seems like you don't like foreigners tbh.
I know you're not keen on muslims...
Original post by generallee
After yet another paedophile scandal, (is there at town or city where this isn't happening?) one has to ask, where ae the feminists? Where is the woke outrage?

Harvey Weinstein looks askance at some middle class actress and the whole world hears about it. #metoo! #metoo!

A working class child from a broken home gets forcibly injected with heroin and gang raped by some repulsive middle age Pakistani men and all we can hear from the feminist lefties is the sound of silence.

Why? Wrong victims? Wrong perpetrators?

The political left nauseates me, not gonna lie. Their cowardice and lack of common decency and a moral compass is utterly repulsive.

I’m a feminist and I think all child sex offenders should get the death penalty
Reply 54
Original post by ANM775
how much girls as young as 7 or 8?

The stats you've quoted has included 16 and 17 year old girls, which are legal in the UK.

If you want to say pakistan has a problem with something which is illegal in the UK then you need to provide proper stats for it, which do not include legal stuff.

It could be 1% of all girls who are 7 or 8. Which I wouldn't really class big enough for a country to have a "problem"

I could say the UK has a problem with peadophiles and that it's a culteral thing. I mean it's constantly in the news isn't it. Why when peadophilia happens abroad it means that country has a problem with it, but when it happens in the UK there's no problem.

I've seen a topic on here about child abuse a few years ago, and it was FULL of girls saying they'd been sexually abused as a child. Why are you not branding england a peadophile culture. why just pakistan?

Just seems like you don't like foreigners tbh.
I know you're not keen on muslims...

how do you expect me to find them? there are no accurate stats because it's a third world country. a lot of that stuff happens in rural areas, and so we can only get estimates. it's not a cultural thing in the uk. there's no way anyone would allow you to marry a 7 year old in the uk, if you paid 10 dollars, wtf dude?
islam is a religion. british muslims exist, too. not every pakistani guy is a muslim, so i don't see how my dislike for islam is relevant.
I have a problem with the media calling out them by their city or simply "Asian", they are mainly Pakistani Muslims, in a recent article they were told to go after other races as they were scared of being called discriminatory , calling out reality is not racist, but you have to look at any underlying cultural, or community factors in this trend.
Reply 56
* all sex offenders imo
since they ruin people's lives, they don't deserve to keep their own.
Reply 57
Original post by Ciel.
how do you expect me to find them? there are no accurate stats because it's a third world country. a lot of that stuff happens in rural areas, and so we can only get estimates. it's not a cultural thing in the uk. there's no way anyone would allow you to marry a 7 year old in the uk, if you paid 10 dollars, wtf dude?
islam is a religion. british muslims exist, too. not every pakistani guy is a muslim, so i don't see how my dislike for islam is relevant.

I see you making a lot of statements against muslims and against Islam ..so it is not a massive leap that you don't like them. Ask any muslim here who's seen your posts if they think you like muslims and majority will say no, I guarantee it.
97% of pakistani men are muslims

And I would say if there are no accurate stats then you are basing your conclusions on guesswork. And as you've already demonstrated dislike for this group .. I am not going to take your guesswork as reliable or gospel.

Pakistan does not "allow" people to marry at 7 either. It is happening illegally. Just like all the peadophiles in the UK touching 7 year olds illegally without approval from the government.
Original post by Ciel.
uhm... no. people don't just turn into pedos purely because they're sex deprived. they could just sleep with prostitutes.

:thumbsup:

a lot of apologism or justification for pedos on this thread, culture/race does not excuse anyone.. makes you wonder, its not racist to call out these grooming gangs and the cultural factors that may be involved to tackle this, not cover it up for fear of being called discriminatory :https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/14/police-officers-knowingly-neglected-girls-exploited-grooming/
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by ANM775
I see you making a lot of statements against muslims and against Islam ..so it is not a massive leap that you don't like them. Ask any muslim here who's seen your posts if they think you like muslims and majority will say no, I guarantee it.
97% of pakistani men are muslims

And I would say if there are no accurate stats then you are basing your conclusions on guesswork. And as you've already demonstrated dislike for this group .. I am not going to take your guesswork as reliable or gospel.

Pakistan does not "allow" people to marry at 7 either. It is happening illegally. Just like all the peadophiles in the UK touching 7 year olds illegally without approval from the government.

are you having a laugh? they only passed that child marriage bill because they were sick of human rights activists. the 'punishment' for breaking that law is a joke. it's a 10 dollar fine!! so yes, the law implies that it's an okay thing to do. considering you can get stoned to death for blasphemy, a 10 dollar fine for being a pedo is a joke.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending