The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand why people are constantly pushing this nonsense whilst reading the Sun.
Original post by unilife27
And say what, another friend i know contacted their bed rental and they said as of now assume things will go ahead as normal and teaching will resume as normal.

I mean im trying to keep positive and think that because we have paid the deposit now they can't backtrack and tell us we can't move in

Ask them what they will do in various scenarios? Would they release you from the contract if your course hasn't started etc. May as well get things confirmed in writing now.
Original post by Gluecagone
Ask them what they will do in various scenarios? Would they release you from the contract if your course hasn't started etc. May as well get things confirmed in writing now.

well my friend asked the exact question and they couldn't answer the question yet. But like i said if they did have to release us that would be the worst outcome, like i said that study space in the room i am renting out is really good but at home it isn't
Exactly. The fact that they are profiting off these nonsense articles as well 🙃
I agree.
well my friend asked the exact question and they couldn't answer the question yet. But like i said if they did have to release us that would be the worst outcome, like i said that study space in the room i am renting out is really good but at home it isn't

Would you not be able to find somewhere else? My guess is that if your first semester were to be online, for example, there probably will be more housing on average available to students for when it does actually start.
Original post by Wired_1800
I don't understand why people are constantly pushing this nonsense whilst reading the Sun.

Because they read the Sun...
Original post by DiddyDec
Because they read the Sun...

:lol:
Insane, then you tell me what the millions of people will do that will be unemployed, you tell me what will happen to the students who will have their education affected for a generation, the family's who will have no money because they have lost their jobs. The Shops that won't be able to get food in.

How are your poor poor family going to cope (Actually your family probably don't even work and you get benefits)

At best we become like North Korea

My dad is 77 this year and is still working. My mum is a clinical director of neuropsychiatry and currently helping out at the Nightingale hospital in the east end. Neither of them are on benefits, nor am I or anyone else in the family.

Don’t undermine our country’s resolve.

I’m finished with you and your alarmist comments.
Original post by Wired_1800
Your mental health would be bad right now. You need to relax and stop creating major issues. We wont be locked down for 12-18 months. We have just had this virus for about 16 weeks and some countries are already starting process to get back to normal.

Stay sane. Stay safe!

I do try and respond kindly to people like this, but all too often they resort to ad hominem.

I’m going to stop responding to this person in particular, especially if they’ve made multiple accounts.
Reply 5990
Here's the non-Covid-related news . . . . .
goodnight.
Original post by Occitanie
My dad is 77 this year and is still working. My mum is a clinical director of neuropsychiatry and currently helping out at the Nightingale hospital in the east end. Neither of them are on benefits, nor am I or anyone else in the family.

Don’t undermine our country’s resolve.

I’m finished with you and your alarmist comments.

they have been banned again now...
Original post by 1st superstar
they have been banned again now...

When do you think they'll pop up again :lol:
Original post by Occitanie
I do try and respond kindly to people like this, but all too often they resort to ad hominem.

I’m going to stop responding to this person in particular, especially if they’ve made multiple accounts.

Sometimes, i worry about their MH but then they persist with the same comments, as if we can do anything about it.
Original post by Gluecagone
When do you think they'll pop up again :lol:

don't know tbh
i last viewed this thread 6 hours ago. since then 166 posts have been posted.

I can't keep up, and have skipped to the last page.

don't see how anyone can read every post here tbh, unless they literally have no life.
Original post by ANM775

don't see how anyone can read every post here tbh, unless they literally have no life.

Best not to worry it is mostly nonsense.
Original post by ANM775

I read most posts on here lol you should go to page 312 and read unilife27's comments lol truly annoying ones imo.

Latest

Trending

Trending