The Student Room Group

The BLM riots

Do you think the riots are necessary or are they doing more damage than good
*protests*
Original post by Mephobia
Do you think the riots are necessary or are they doing more damage than good

BLM is important, because we all deserve equality. The violence however, is not. The defacing of statues and other such vandalism is ridiculous.
Reply 3
The Black Lives Matter Movement is an important step towards equality and the protests are an important part.

I think rioting is bad however. I know many people turned away from the movement because of the small minority of bad people using peaceful protests for bad.

However, in the United States where the police have been attacking inocent peaceful protestsors and where the national government apears(at least to me - if I am wrong please correct me) to be against them - rioting can get the attention of those who won't listen.
Always nice when a brand new account pops in to discuss race relations in good faith.

The OP is conflating rioting with protesting.
Sigh
Original post by Admit-One
Always nice when a brand new account pops in to discuss race relations in good faith.

The OP is conflating rioting with protesting.

I am trying to not conflate. I admit I was vague. But I am refering to rioting, (in good faith) as I have seen people mention how the stonewall protests were violent but are know as one of the most influential moments in the LGBT rights movement
They have done an excellent at exposing police forces across the US for the violent thugs they really are who don't even care about the constitution let alone human rights.

An American lawyer has set up a project documenting every single video of police brutality across the US, it currently sits at 681 incidents.

Viewer discretion is advised, some of the videos are quite disturbing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YmZeSxpz52qT-10tkCjWOwOGkQqle7Wd1P7ZM1wMW0E/edit#gid=0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending