The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

uni of westminster

hey!

does anyone go here/ has applied here? what is it like, the general reputation, the teaching and staff?

does anyone do the extra language electives too. i'm applying for arabic and linguistics but would like to do extra french modules as i have that at gcse
Original post by Anonymous
hey!

does anyone go here/ has applied here? what is it like, the general reputation, the teaching and staff?

does anyone do the extra language electives too. i'm applying for arabic and linguistics but would like to do extra french modules as i have that at gcse

Hi,

I studied at the University of Westminster for four years and loved my time there.
I was initially drawn to how centrally located the campuses were in the heart of London. As someone who loved visiting London, I was very excited to be located at the Regent Street campus where I studied politics. This would be the same campus for you studying Arabic and Linguistics. With just a short walk from the busy Oxford Street station - the campus is a traditional building that has seen a lot of investment in recent years with a new student breakout cafe called the Hideaway being built in 2019 as well as silent computer and study rooms on the first floor.
Nonetheless, this campus is also linked by a 5 minute walk across the street to our Law School at Little Titchfield Street where you can access the libraries.

Personally, I always found the teachers to be friendly, helpful and very approachable. They are always trying to ensure your progress on the course and you can contact them anytime if you have questions regarding the work and what is expected.
For more information about taking extra language modules, please see here https://www.westminster.ac.uk/current-students/employability-and-career-development/improving-your-employability/polylang-learn-a-new-language

Best wishes,
James
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending