The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Cardiff university or Westminster

I’m holding an offer from both the unis that is Cardiff and Westminster for MSc finance. Which university should I get into? Please share your opinions
Hi! I honestly chose Westminster as it was the nearest to my house (I live about a 1 hour by train) as the second uni I had was Middlesex, but it was too far. A friend of mine chose Cardiff for a number of reasons, he told me, and I agree with him. He said that the living costs are a real consideration, rent is about 1/3 of what it is in Westminster, and other things are much cheaper there, too, like food/drink/meals out/ nightclubbing etc. He said Cardiff is a very vibrant city too, it's not as busy as London, but for him, it is better as he prefers that. As for jobs, he said he could just move to London after studying, which is what he is considering, and he hasn't had a problem with internships/work experience etc. Cardiff has a very good reputation, especially as a Russell Group, and he has found this has been taken into account by employers when he applied.

So you really need to research the cons and pros of each university at this point. I mean Westminster is a good university, professors help you and other things, but train prices, accommodation etc is expensive as it is in Central London.

Hope this helps you. Best of luck:smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hiya!

Cardiff is a lovely city to study in, its very affordable! What I like about it is that you can walk anywhere without having to hitch a bus usually since the campus is right next to the city center.

There's a lot of support for postgrad students. Even though I'm not a postgrad myself, I'm aware that there is a study hub accessible only for postgrads, which is helpful if you want to get away from all the undergrads and study peacefully haha.

Just to echo the above comment, it mostly just depends on what kind of city you prefer!

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending