The Student Room Group

Why must we have sex?

Why we can't make relationship without sex
Ok first I'm a girl and I'm 21
I don't like sex but why nearly all man prefer sex
I don't understand and can't understand
Why can we just talk hang out kiss hug and do the other think we have a lot of think to do
And important more than sex Or will I be an unlucky woman?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Linnlyyy
Why can we just talk hang out kiss hug and do the other think we have a lot of think to do

Look up asexuality
People have sex for pleasure, reproduction etc
Reply 3
Original post by summerbirdreads
Look up asexuality

OP is just asking the question as to why people are so dependent on sex for forming relationships, which is a very valid question. I’d agree with the OP in which she seems to think that a relationship isn’t built around sex.
Original post by brjf
x

Hate to break it to you but asexuality is a big spectrum and people define it as many different things

I totally agree with you x
There's plenty 'half in half out' wishy washy sounding alternatives already for you to choose from tbh. You could be a graysex™ if you like?

But if you can't understand WHY people like sex that will likely be a problem forming relationships full stop.
A lot of people include intimate sexual activity as part of their dealbreakers.
Mostly in order to assess sexual compatibility, shared lifestyles and values.
Guys and girls.
But there are also quite a few people who have decided to wait until marriage to begin intimate sexual activity and will only consider dating those who share their lifestyle preferences.
Reply 8
Original post by StriderHort
There's plenty 'half in half out' wishy washy sounding alternatives already for you to choose from tbh. You could be a graysex™ if you like?

But if you can't understand WHY people like sex that will likely be a problem forming relationships full stop.

I thought you would like someone from an attitude. And you prefer sex important more than attitude ? Or etc all men choose sex before me Lol
I thought you would like someone from an attitude. And you prefer sex important more than attitude ? Or etc all men choose sex before me Lol

Oh you can be attracted to someone for all sorts of reasons, from a base lust to shared interests right up to solid family child bearing reputation, old money and love of food.

But the way you say you won't and cant understand is worrying, not liking something is fine but not understanding its place in others lives will always be a hinderance. I don't much care for golf, zero interest in pairing with someone for a golf day, ditto watching it on TV... but i understand the gist of why people enjoy it even if I don't share it.
Reply 10
Original post by StriderHort
Oh you can be attracted to someone for all sorts of reasons, from a base lust to shared interests right up to solid family child bearing reputation, old money and love of food.

But the way you say you won't and cant understand is worrying, not liking something is fine but not understanding its place in others lives will always be a hinderance. I don't much care for golf, zero interest in pairing with someone for a golf day, ditto watching it on TV... but i understand the gist of why people enjoy it even if I don't share it.

Oh that true and i knew it but just I have a question and want to know why men choose sex. i want to understand If sex is good and increases love Maybe I'll open up, or if there's a reason other than satisfying my own needs. It would be better But most of us are selfish in relationships.
I really want to open up to sex. I'm not anti-sex, not at all, but because men choose to prefer sex more than girl, I'm curious and want to find out. in order to understand it more
Reply 11
Hate to break it to you but asexuality is a big spectrum and people define it as many different things

Well then if there be a spectrum then one end is asexuality and the other isn’t, there has to be a set definition at the very least
Reply 12
Oh that true and i knew it but just I have a question and want to know why men choose sex. i want to understand If sex is good and increases love Maybe I'll open up, or if there's a reason other than satisfying my own needs. It would be better But most of us are selfish in relationships.
I really want to open up to sex. I'm not anti-sex, not at all, but because men choose to prefer sex more than girl, I'm curious and want to find out. in order to understand it more

That’s one of the reasons most relationships fail these days, selfishness and the lack of compromise and willingness to in a relationship.
Original post by brjf
That’s not asexuality. 1) that’s not a thing it’s complete nonsense 2) even if it were a thing that’s not even what people define asexuality as.

OP is just asking the question as to why people are so dependent on sex for forming relationships, which is a very valid question. I’d agree with the OP in which she seems to think that a relationship isn’t built around sex.

why don't you think it's a thing I'm curious
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
why don't you think it's a thing I'm curious

Why? Because I’m not inclined to believe in the gender identity nonsense
Look up asexuality

lol i found u here as well i was go nna rep but doesnt allow me lol
we live in a society where sex is glorified, dont have sex u r viewed as a weirdo. I'm not having sex till marriage and when i say that to someone they look at me like im an alien. if u dont wanna have sex dont youll find a guy that has your views eventually.
Original post by brjf
Why? Because I’m not inclined to believe in the gender identity nonsense

asexuality isnt about gender identity its about sexual attraction and sexuality. it just means someone who doesn't like to have sex and its defined as a spectrum because there are different levels to it e.g. some people NEVER want to have sex like they hate it find it disgusting, some people arent interested in sex for themselves but will engage in it because their partner likes it etc. there's lots of variations
Reply 18
Original post by hxart.lan3
asexuality isnt about gender identity its about sexual attraction and sexuality. it just means someone who doesn't like to have sex and its defined as a spectrum because there are different levels to it e.g. some people NEVER want to have sex like they hate it find it disgusting, some people arent interested in sex for themselves but will engage in it because their partner likes it etc. there's lots of variations

I agree with you,thank for comment I have a good idea for my next relationships
Reply 19
Original post by Holamisamigos213
we live in a society where sex is glorified, dont have sex u r viewed as a weirdo. I'm not having sex till marriage and when i say that to someone they look at me like im an alien. if u dont wanna have sex dont youll find a guy that has your views eventually.

Oh I think that true,Thank you for your comment
And we not alien at all. We just someone who haven't sex before marriage and this is our decide.Although if We want to have sex is our decide too have or haven't sex are human too. Let them go and find someone who have same attitude. This is what i got from this post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending