The Student Room Group

Official Veterinary Medicine Applicants thread 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

So nice to see movement from glasgow!!! Congratulations everyone! 😀 Hoping for edinburgh movement soon!!
Original post by momo_basket

Ahh well done !! You got another vet med offer a few days ago didnt you ? You're on a roll !!

By the way, curious to know, but are you a fellow y13 or graduate ? Well done again :smile:

Thank you so so much!! I did! 2 in two days I am so overwhelmed!

I’m actually a graduate - I graduated in biovet science during COVID and applied with no luck, so have been working since and getting more experience and applied this time round successfully!

I did actually apply and get an offer when I took A Levels but missed the grades… a long journey but I made it!
Never give up guys, if you want to be a vet you can do it ❤️
Hey everyone quick life update cus y not😂. So i’ve recieved 3 rejections post interview this year as my first time applying ( notts, liverpool and rvc) for the 5th year course. and have decided that if i don’t get into bristol im going to do clearing for law / pharmacy. If anyone on this thread has had any experience with clearing, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Reply 3983
Just got an offer from bristol this morning!! i’m in year 13 x
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by ce1205

Brilliant, well done and congratulations. Great start to the weekend 🥳🥳🥳 Can I ask were you on hold before?
Original post by ce1205
Same!!! Was so pleased! Standard uk yr13 and its my 5th offer!!
Original post by annieghag
Hey everyone quick life update cus y not😂. So i’ve recieved 3 rejections post interview this year as my first time applying ( notts, liverpool and rvc) for the 5th year course. and have decided that if i don’t get into bristol im going to do clearing for law / pharmacy. If anyone on this thread has had any experience with clearing, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Hey! I got rejected from all my choices last year post interview- but i reapplied this year and got accepted into my first choice! Taking a gap year isn’t as bad as it seems, if you really wanna do vet med I’d recommend reapplying because you might regret doing a different degree😊 goodluck with bristol!
Reply 3987
Original post by HBeetle
Same!!! Was so pleased! Standard uk yr13 and its my 5th offer!!
Me toooo!!! It came thru UCAS track at just after midnight last night! Email from Bristol followed this morning. I’m so so so happy and relieved, it’s my first and only offer 😭 Bristol was always my top choice so I guess it was just meant to be ha ha. Now just need to get those grades ! (I’m year 13, standard UK and was on hold since 22 Nov)
(edited 2 months ago)
wow lots of good news, massive congrats to everyone!!
Original post by ce1205
Were you put on hold before hand??
Original post by WhyIAm
Me toooo!!! It came thru at just after midnight last night! I’m so so so happy and relieved, it’s my first and only offer 😭 Bristol was always my top choice so I guess it was just meant to be 😮*💨 Now just need to get those grades ! (I’m year 13, standard UK and was on hold since 22 Nov)
Wow congratulations !😃😃 You must be so happy!

I'm also hoping to get an offer from them 🤞
Original post by Marielovescats

I’m also waiting for a response from Bristol, been on hold since November!

Literally feels like my last hope - I already have 2 rejections (RVC & Cam) and interview for Edinburgh.

The wait is killing me :frown:
Original post by chloeallan0
Hey! I got rejected from all my choices last year post interview- but i reapplied this year and got accepted into my first choice! Taking a gap year isn’t as bad as it seems, if you really wanna do vet med I’d recommend reapplying because you might regret doing a different degree😊 goodluck with bristol!
hi thank you so much for the reply, i’m so happy you have gotten ur first choice. Honestly for me i don’t want to handle this stress again and i would be just as happy doing law / pharmacy instead of vet med. Holding out for bristol but if its not meant to be it’s just isn’t 💜
Reply 3993
Original post by Marielovescats

Thank u, yes so relieved and excited! Good luck to you!
Reply 3994
Original post by GoofyGromch13

Literally feels like my last hope - I already have 2 rejections (RVC & Cam) and interview for Edinburgh.

Good luuuuck!
Reply 3995
Just got an offer from Bristol!!!
Congrats everyone on offers the last few days, if anyone has Bris related questions please feel free to message me x
Got an offer from Bristol this morning too! Anyone know if there will be an offer holder day? :smile:
Original post by GoofyGromch13

Yeah same 😭
I've been checking my email every few minutes

Good luck to you 🤞
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Buster777
Got an offer from Bristol this morning too! Anyone know if there will be an offer holder day? :smile:
My daughter just received an offer from Bristol yesterday.. just looked on website and it says there will be offer holder events between Feb-May 2024, invitations sent out by email
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending