The Student Room Group

Official Veterinary Medicine Applicants thread 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
For all who are awaiting Nots, this is the admissions contact 01159516116. They are very nice and it's best to contact them directly I believe with any queries
Reply 1181
Original post by Tb769
For all who are awaiting Nots, this is the admissions contact 01159516116. They are very nice and it's best to contact them directly I believe with any queries

Phoning them now will just detract from the work they are trying to do. If you have no news at the end of next week then a call would be understandable, but today you will just be a source of distraction even if they are very understanding.
Nottingham does not operate the same system as Liverpool. Not everyone who fulfills the academic requirements will get an interview. The SJT’s are graded and only the top x applicants will get an interview. Those that don’t make it are informed very quickly after the last interview offers are issued. If there is a specific reason outside of the SJT you can get clarification, if not unfortunately it’s just that others performed better on these tests.
I know it’s stressful, but just because one school doesn’t think you are a good fit, doesn’t mean that another will think the same. A successful applicant for Cambridge may not be as successful for somewhere like HK or Liverpool. Even though the end qualification is the same, the way the subjects are taught and examined are very different, even between schools such as Bristol and Liverpool.
However, if ever you don’t get an offer this year and refusals are all pre interview, despite adequate academics, then you will know that something went wrong with your preparation, and quite often it’s something like not having read the RCVS code of conduct.
Wishing everyone the best of luck. You have 4 choices, so don’t lose confidence because one might not have gone your way, or because what you believed to be your dream school didn’t accept you. The school you actually go to will end up your new dream school!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1182
Don’t forget to check your junk mail regularly!! You would be amazed at the number of interview invites and offers that are found here every year!!
Reply 1183
Hi. For the people who have had Surrey interviews - did you attend the university for it- or is it done at home online please ? Thanks
Original post by Euapp
Phoning them now will just detract from the work they are trying to do. If you have no news at the end of next week then a call would be understandable, but today you will just be a source of distraction even if they are very understanding.
Nottingham does not operate the same system as Liverpool. Not everyone who fulfills the academic requirements will get an interview. The SJT’s are graded and only the top x applicants will get an interview. Those that don’t make it are informed very quickly after the last interview offers are issued. If there is a specific reason outside of the SJT you can get clarification, if not unfortunately it’s just that others performed better on these tests.
I know it’s stressful, but just because one school doesn’t think you are a good fit, doesn’t mean that another will think the same. A successful applicant for Cambridge may not be as successful for somewhere like HK or Liverpool. Even though the end qualification is the same, the way the subjects are taught and examined are very different, even between schools such as Bristol and Liverpool.
However, if ever you don’t get an offer this year and refusals are all pre interview, despite adequate academics, then you will know that something went wrong with your preparation, and quite often it’s something like not having read the RCVS code of conduct.
Wishing everyone the best of luck. You have 4 choices, so don’t lose confidence because one might not have gone your way, or because what you believed to be your dream school didn’t accept you. The school you actually go to will end up your new dream school!

PRSOM!!
Reply 1185
Original post by Vetmam5
Hi. For the people who have had Surrey interviews - did you attend the university for it- or is it done at home online please ? Thanks

It’s at home with prerecorded questions.
Reply 1186
Original post by Euapp

It’s at home with prerecorded questions.

Thank you ☺️
Reply 1187
Original post by Vetmam5
Thank you ☺️

You’re welcome ☺️
Is anyone still waiting on RVC interview invites or rejections?

Also is the RVCs contextual data different? From What I’ve read - it goes on the school you attended for GCSEs rather than where you live? Unlike many of the other Vet Schools.
Any offers or news for HK yet?
Hi, a bit random, but I was just wondering is there any point in checking or keeping an on the UCLan portal? The email I got about it said we can track the progress of our application there but that any offers etc will come through UCAS. Does that mean if we get an interview it will come through there?
Reply 1191
Original post by gygfgjhgj

my son had his interview on the 15th nov and nothing back yet...
Original post by Sharonastor
Is anyone still waiting on RVC interview invites or rejections?

Also is the RVCs contextual data different? From What I’ve read - it goes on the school you attended for GCSEs rather than where you live? Unlike many of the other Vet Schools.

I’m still waiting to hear from them. They aim to interview UK applicants by December and I understand they give roughly 2 weeks notice so I think next week is the latest we can hear from them in terms of being invited to intierview…
Original post by itsablandlife
Hi, a bit random, but I was just wondering is there any point in checking or keeping an on the UCLan portal? The email I got about it said we can track the progress of our application there but that any offers etc will come through UCAS. Does that mean if we get an interview it will come through there?

I didn’t even know they have a portal. I have not received anything from them a part from the fee status questionnaire (I’m UK but born abroad hence they sent wk the questionnaire). Where you sent an email with the details of portal log-in??
Original post by NJPchef
my son had his interview on the 15th nov and nothing back yet...

I also had my interview on the 15th Nov! Hopefully we hear soon
Original post by Gringo12345
I didn’t even know they have a portal. I have not received anything from them a part from the fee status questionnaire (I’m UK but born abroad hence they sent wk the questionnaire). Where you sent an email with the details of portal log-in??

Hi! Yes, I received an email on the 27th October saying they had received my application and it can be tracked etc on their portal. The email also contained a link to the portal and said you can communicate with the applications team, submit documents, etc. on there but that the final decision will come through UCAS. There has been no further updates on the portal tracker for me though other than it saying they are considering my application and that's been there since the 7th September apparently haha.
Reply 1196
For those wondering about Bristol: I was put on hold last year on 17th November and only received my rejection in 5th May. My advice would be to remember it's out of your hands now - you've done everything you can! 🙂
Reply 1197
Original post by gygfgjhgj

A few other people on here and I haven’t heard anything at all (rejections or interview invites) from them just yet so I’m not sure!
Reply 1198
Original post by Gringo12345
I’m still waiting to hear from them. They aim to interview UK applicants by December and I understand they give roughly 2 weeks notice so I think next week is the latest we can hear from them in terms of being invited to intierview…

I contacted them today - interviewing right through until the end of January.
Original post by RMC2208
I contacted them today - interviewing right through until the end of January.

Ah that’s good to hear! Because their website says UK interviews to be held in December, Asia January. Any indication of when they will be done sending all interview invitations ? (again website mentions mid December)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending