The Student Room Group

Official Veterinary Medicine Applicants thread 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crustieeyes
what kind of non-calculator numeracy questions might you get asked at a numeracy station in MMI interview?

Simple drug calculations - eg working out how many pills a cat needs based on their weight and how many tablets to dispense if the owner needs to give the cat 2 pills a day for 10 days
Hi everyone! I have my HK interview soon, any tips? ❤️
Original post by aliaa03
Hi,

first of all WELL DONE for both interview offers, that's absolutely amazing.

no you don't need any stats for the unis, you don't really need to read through books you've mentioned since they won't talk about your personal statement. I will say I'd recommend biology. I'd suggest the key organs and their functions since that's something they could ask about. RVC are MMI, remember to go through your work experience and what you learnt during it. Be up to date with any sort of current affairs, go through other issues you can think of and what you think about them, e.g. dangerous dog act, animal testing, etc. Just stay calm during it (ik its harder said than done) but it will massively help you out if you even just pretend you're confident. Remember you can always try asking for clarification if you're confused on a question, and most importantly, show willingness and curiosity to learn new things.

Good luck ! 💚

Thank You so much!! That’s good to know and helps narrow down my prep I’ve been stuffing so much info in my brain I worry it’s all gonna be a blur. Thank you again !!
Original post by ALEreapp
Focusing on enjoying my first term which is filled with positivity and support from others :smile: such a shame people feel the need to alienate us and ruin it for genuine applicants who do appreciate the guidance. Half of the questions on these threads would not get answered if we didn’t stick around. I think after tonight I’ll be checking out for a while 😅

For anyone that does want any advice etc please do message me but I won’t be following along 🙂

I’ve really appreciated all the advice and information shared by ALEreapp, euapp, Vetmum and Ramble over the last 2 years…. If others don’t appreciate it…. Go find another forum to rant in!
Does anyone know how much earlier one should receive the Harper Keele online task before the interview? Bit worried I haven't received any info about it yet (my interviews on 13th, so there's still time, but was wondering what was "normal/expected"). Thanks for any info.
Anybody heard from RVC recently? Do they do UK interviews in January or only in December? I’m still waiting for an interview offer but quickly losing hope. I assume the latest interview date in December would be the 22nd (if not earlier) so with 2 weeks notice that means this Friday is the last possible day to hear about interviews. Unless they plan to interview UK candidates in Jan as well.
Have any international applicants for RVC received an interview offer??
Original post by cocoatank

Still waiting…
Original post by cocoatank

For North America you should have received as they had in November. For Asia it’s early as they interview in Jan
Original post by Goggaruane
Does anyone know how much earlier one should receive the Harper Keele online task before the interview? Bit worried I haven't received any info about it yet (my interviews on 13th, so there's still time, but was wondering what was "normal/expected"). Thanks for any info.

Literally a couple days before if I remember correctly… I would suspect you will get it Friday or Monday x
Original post by ALEreapp
Literally a couple days before if I remember correctly… I would suspect you will get it Friday or Monday x

Okay great thanks for letting me know
Original post by jeslam01
Still waiting…

hey r u also applying from Asia? I'm lowkey nervous bc last yr RVC gave out their Asia interview offer on 12/6.
Original post by JayneeMay
I’ve really appreciated all the advice and information shared by ALEreapp, euapp, Vetmum and Ramble over the last 2 years…. If others don’t appreciate it…. Go find another forum to rant in!

Thanks. Unfortunately after yesterday EUApp has left the group. Her experience will be a big loss- it’s a shame a few entitled and immature candidates have ruined it for the rest.
Having slept on the decision I have decided not to check the thread from now on but will be checking messages if anyone has questions - esp questions about UCLan.
Good luck to everyone - hope you don’t have to wait too long for offers and remember rejections hurt but you only need that one offer x
(edited 4 months ago)
For the Edinburgh interview tommorw what are to wear and is a parent allowed to stay with you the whole or are you left on your own. Thank you !
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1394
Original post by Vetmum13
Thanks. Unfortunately after yesterday EUApp has left the group. Her experience will be a big loss- it’s a shame a few entitled and immature candidates have ruined it for the rest.
Having slept on the decision I have decided not to check the thread from now on but will be checking messages if anyone has questions - esp questions about UCLan.
Good luck to everyone - hope you don’t have to wait too long for offers and remember rejections hurt but you only need that one offer x

Gutted to hear our mentors are leaving the group 😢 - please reconsider guys…. We NEED you and appreciate all your efforts to help and support. Don’t let a couple of unappreciative comments push you out! It’s those members that should look elsewhere for answers to their questions - if they don’t like what they’re hearing here!!! But everyone is just stressing and feeling touchy and maybe a little downhearted - that’s what we all are learning about this brutal application process. I’m sure in a different situation this kind of issue would never blow up 😳
For those rejected from RVC or anywhere else. Has your UCAS tracked been updated with rejection yet?
Original post by luciashiner1
For those rejected from RVC or anywhere else. Has your UCAS tracked been updated with rejection yet?

May I ask did you receive a rejection before or after interview please?
Original post by Sharonastor

May I ask did you receive a rejection before or after interview please?

I didn’t score enough points for interview they said in the email
Original post by luciashiner1
I didn’t score enough points for interview they said in the email

Can i ask you when you got the rejection email? I’m still waiting to hear from them although at this just time is running out for a December interview so I reckon if I don’t hear by end of this week, it’s a no.
Original post by Gringo12345

Can i ask you when you got the rejection email? I’m still waiting to hear from them although at this just time is running out for a December interview so I reckon if I don’t hear by end of this week, it’s a no.

Yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending