The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Official Falmouth University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Falmouth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

I really want to apply for a course in music composition and I'm not sure what's the best option! I've applied for the creative music technology and the audio development courses, but ideally I'd like it to be a little more specific. I love the atmosphere of Fal uni though and I've become really familiar with the location in the past few months so I don't mind getting a little more vague of a qualification in music, as long as it benefits my music compositional career desire :smile: Currently studying an Access to HE course in Music technology, based in Falmouth!
(edited 1 year ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Hello! I've applied for English and Creative Writing <3
Hi! I'm currently studying art, English literature and computer science, and I've applied to do fine art. I haven't had the opportunity to visit Falmouth in person, but I love the look and vibes of the university!
Just got accepted for Creative Writing at Falmouth, starting next September!!
Original post by Angelisdreaming
Hi! I'm currently studying art, English literature and computer science, and I've applied to do fine art. I haven't had the opportunity to visit Falmouth in person, but I love the look and vibes of the university!

It's honestly lovely. The vibes are so light and airy. The night life is also bustling! The walk to Penryn from Fal is also lovely and serene in the evenings. Not to mention, the uni building in Penryn just looks awesome - it's a lovely sleek design. I'm sure you'll love it.
Reply 6
Applied for acting, theatre and performance and musical theatre, got an interview for acting, waiting for responses from the other courses :0
Reply 7
Just applied for the Drawing course!
It would be nice to chat to people doing similar courses before hand as I’m not the best at meeting new people :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm applying for Illustration at Falmouth! Does anyone know anything about the student life there?
Original post by janecrew
I'm applying for Illustration at Falmouth! Does anyone know anything about the student life there?

i dont actually go there but i have got an offer from them. as far as i know, there isnt really a club scene like you would get in a city because it is so much smaller, but there are a couple of clubs and some pubs. there are also lots of societies. i think student life mainly revolves around the outdoors and the beach and is just more chill than a city uni.
Hi! Wondered if anyone could help. I have got a place for fine art, which is on the Falmouth campus. But from the students I have talked to, Penryn sounds more social, and I liked glasney. Also liked Carrick, but it seemed quite isolated. I would obviously have to get the bus/ train in everyday. I like the idea of meeting Exeter/ other students on the Penryn campus, but don’t want to be super out of touch with the other fine art students. Also I know I will want to go in and out of Falmouth on the weekends. Basically weighing up which accommodation to pick!! Also not 100% sure I can get a single room at glasney, thanks so much
Hi! I have been accepted to the MA illustration, program (online) at Falmouth University. Will be starting this May!
Original post by Dqisy
Just applied for the Drawing course!
It would be nice to chat to people doing similar courses before hand as I’m not the best at meeting new people :smile:

Hey! i'm going to be studying the fine art foundation course would love to be your friend if you are going !
Original post by Subha34
Hi! I have been accepted to the MA illustration, program (online) at Falmouth University. Will be starting this May!

Good luck, I graduated a year ago from the same course, had some great lectures, if you are UK/Europe based I recommend attending the meet ups!
Reply 14
Original post by niamhbttista04
Hey! i'm going to be studying the fine art foundation course would love to be your friend if you are going !

Hey I’m going to do drawing too xx
Original post by Angelisdreaming

hey! i've applied for fine art toooo
Original post by EIean0r
Hey I’m going to do drawing too xx

yayy! do you have socials? <3
Reply 17
Original post by niamhbttista04
yayy! do you have socials? <3

Hey yeah I do my Instagram is @eleanorlaven x
Reply 18
Applied for popular music course, got my interview on Monday. Half nervous half excited, I just really wanna go there it seems like a nice and calm environment.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 19
Hi! I'm going to study Creative writing online :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest