The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Official Keele University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Keele University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I’m thinking of studying computer science at Keele university, I have already studied and achieved 3 As in my a levels (chemistry biology and psychology) 😋
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by pandalovesyouu
Hi, I’m thinking of studying computer science at Keele university, I have already studied and achieved 3 As in my a levels (chemistry biology and psychology) 😋

Hi @pandalovesyouu

Great to hear that you're thinking of studying at Keele. If you've got any questions about life on campus, just drop us a message here :smile:. You might also be interested in chatting to some of our current students via Unibuddy at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/.

Amy Louise :smile:
PhD Candidate & Student Ambassador, Keele University
Reply 3
I’ve applied to keele too
Original post by Bluebells60
I’ve applied to keele too

Hi @Bluebells60

That's great to hear! What course have you applied for? If you have any questions, please just drop them into this thread :smile:

Amy
Reply 5
Physics with astrophysics
Heyo, I'm predicted ABC in English Lit., Maths and Physics respectively, and I'm interested in Keele for CompSci! What's it like there? What kind of info can I learn from here that I wouldn't see on the official website?

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Keele University for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
Original post by Al_the_Pal
Heyo, I'm predicted ABC in English Lit., Maths and Physics respectively, and I'm interested in Keele for CompSci! What's it like there? What kind of info can I learn from here that I wouldn't see on the official website?

Hi @Al_the_Pal!

It's great to hear you're considering coming to Keele. I'm one of Keele's official reps here on the TSR. I'm a postgraduate research student in English Literature but, whilst I don't have any specific knowledge of the CompSci course, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about campus life and the local area.

You'll probably also find other Keele students and prospective students on these forums who can give you their impressions of the university, and of their courses. You can also chat with some of our current students and staff via Unibuddy at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/. We're currently in the process of recruiting some more student reps (as a lot of our previous reps have now graduated!) so there should be some more people to chat with soon.

Amy Louise :smile:
I am waiting for PreCAS. I paid the deposit weeks back. It is frustrating especially as I stay in a developing world and visa is hard and takes time to get. On the website, it shows we will get preCAS immediately and then CAS in early October yet nothing until now. I only want to share what is bothering me. Other schools have given their students and somelready got visa. Keele closed their deposit payment early compared to these other schools so what is the delay? Some of us have anxiety and like I said it is frustrating
Original post by worriedsoul00
I am waiting for PreCAS. I paid the deposit weeks back. It is frustrating especially as I stay in a developing world and visa is hard and takes time to get. On the website, it shows we will get preCAS immediately and then CAS in early October yet nothing until now. I only want to share what is bothering me. Other schools have given their students and somelready got visa. Keele closed their deposit payment early compared to these other schools so what is the delay? Some of us have anxiety and like I said it is frustrating

Hi @worriedsoul00,

Sorry to hear you've not had your documents come through yet. Unfortunately it can take some time for the paperwork to process as there is a lot that has to be checked through for each applicant. Have you been in contact with our admissions team with regards to an update on your application? You can contact them in several ways, all of which are detailed at https://www.keele.ac.uk/about/contactus/. There is a dedicated contact number for international applicants so I'd suggest phoning them if the matter is urgent.

Hope that helps,

Amy Louise
Student Ambassador, Keele University
What’s the process for applications once keele receive them. Applying for physics. How long does it take to get an offer?
Reply 11
Hoping to hear from keele this week…a nice surprise if I do as it’s my birthday soon
Original post by Anonymous
What’s the process for applications once keele receive them. Applying for physics. How long does it take to get an offer?

Hi Anon,

The process and timescale will vary from course to course so it's difficult to give you an exact timescale. In essence, your application will be assessed by both the admissions team and the academic school/course to which you have applied before any offer is made.

Depending on the outcome of that assessment - and the course/school policy - you might then be called for an interview. For example, if you are applying for a health course (e.g., Counselling, Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Social Work) it will be compulsory to attend interview. For other courses, it is not normal practice for us to interview applicants however some applicants offering non-standard qualifications or work experience may be called for interview, although we would firstly ask for examples of written work to support the application.

Offers will normally be made by the end of March if you applied by the January UCAS deadline.

You can find out more about the application process at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/. We also have some answers to frequently asked questions about admissions at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/admissionsfaqs.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise
PhD Candidate and Student Ambassador, Keele University
Sat with same message in process decision pending…arghhh..
These portal things don’t do any good. Your right they sit saying the same thing not changing🥴 hope they update soon,
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Hi I hope you are ok I wanted to know that if can I apply to medicine A100 but I moved colleges and had to reap year 12 because I changed my subject A level Biology and psychology to L3 applied to A level Chemistry and psychology and A level Biology.
Reply 16
Offer in from keele - one of my top two- physics.. anyone else got their offer?
Original post by meerab.fx
Hi I hope you are ok I wanted to know that if can I apply to medicine A100 but I moved colleges and had to reap year 12 because I changed my subject A level Biology and psychology to L3 applied to A level Chemistry and psychology and A level Biology.

Hi @meerab.fx,

Our medical admissions team conduct academic screening and will also review and your Roles and Responsibilities form when shortlisting for interview. So as long as you have the necessary academic qualifications for entry, you should be able to apply.

To find out more about the process of applying for A100 - including the necessary requirements for entry - take a look at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply. There's a comprehensive overview of the application process there, as well as answers to many frequently asked questions.

Hope that help!

Amy Louise
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @meerab.fx,

Our medical admissions team conduct academic screening and will also review and your Roles and Responsibilities form when shortlisting for interview. So as long as you have the necessary academic qualifications for entry, you should be able to apply.

To find out more about the process of applying for A100 - including the necessary requirements for entry - take a look at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply. There's a comprehensive overview of the application process there, as well as answers to many frequently asked questions.

Hope that help!

Amy Louise

Thanks you so much
Hey!

I've applied for Liberal Arts with integrated masters and firmed Keele as my first choice!
Currently studying English Lit, Psychology and RS!

Quick Reply

Latest