The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Official University of Lincoln 2023 Applicant Thread

Hello and welcome to the official University of Lincoln 2023 Applicant Thread! This is a space where you can ask us any questions you might have about the university itself, or about university life!

Why don’t we get the conversation started with other applicants? Here are a few questions to break the ice 😊
- What course are you applying for?
- What are you most excited about?
- Is there anything you are nervous about?
- What are your hobbies?

A series of Open Days and Informal Visit Days are coming up, which serves as a great opportunity to ask any questions you have, gain an insight into subject areas, discover what the campus and Lincoln as a city has to offer and also to talk with Programme Leaders and current students. To find out more information and to book a place, click here!

If you are struggling with writing your personal statement, we have compiled a list of our top tips for completing your statement. You can view this here.

Still undecided on what you want to study? You find out more information on what courses we have to offer here.

We are here to help answer any questions or concerns, and to make this an easy and enjoyable process!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’m applying for BA Education. I currently study Sociology, Law and Media. Lincoln is my first choice. Absolutely love the look and vibe of the university. Hoping to send off my application on Monday when my college is back from half term.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I am applying for BA(hons) Technical Theatre and Stage Management. I currently study technical theatre, photography and Graphic design. Lincoln is my first choice and i have already applied for September
Original post by cornish.m
I am applying for BA(hons) Technical Theatre and Stage Management. I currently study technical theatre, photography and Graphic design. Lincoln is my first choice and i have already applied for September

Best of luck. Hope you get an unconditional:smile:
Original post by zoran1102
Best of luck. Hope you get an unconditional:smile:

You too!
I was originally going to do Undergrad Law, but then after the casual existential crisis I'm going to do English Literature w/ Creative Writing so that my first few years at Uni will be more enjoyable. The end goal is still Law but i will probably join the law society while I'm an undergrad and then do a post-grad MA conversion course. Re-working the personal statement has been a nightmare T-T
I’m applying for BA Education. I currently study Sociology, Law and Media. Lincoln is my first choice. Absolutely love the look and vibe of the university. Hoping to send off my application on Monday when my college is back from half term.

I hope it goes well!!
Original post by l_wood04
I was originally going to do Undergrad Law, but then after the casual existential crisis I'm going to do English Literature w/ Creative Writing so that my first few years at Uni will be more enjoyable. The end goal is still Law but i will probably join the law society while I'm an undergrad and then do a post-grad MA conversion course. Re-working the personal statement has been a nightmare T-T

Best of luck :smile:. I know how you feel. I started off wanting to do Media Studies, then moved to Film and TV and then History and only very recently decided that I want to go into teaching.

did you get an offer?
I have applied for a LLB Law Degree for 2023. Loved Lincoln at the open day, exited to see if I get an offer x
Original post by liv_emily_05
I have applied for a LLB Law Degree for 2023. Loved Lincoln at the open day, exited to see if I get an offer x

Have you sent off your application?
Have you sent off your application?

Yeah, my application went off on Friday, have you sent yours?
Original post by liv_emily_05
Yeah, my application went off on Friday, have you sent yours?

Yeah, sent mine off last Monday but no news yet as of 8:40 on Tuesday.
did you get an offer?

Haven't heard back yet, however there was an issue with my application where UCAS deleted all of my personal information, so I had to sort that out and re-apply :smile:
Ouch that sounds awful. Glad you managed to sort it all out. Are you watching the virtual open day tomorrow (November 16th)?
Haven't heard back yet, however there was an issue with my application where UCAS deleted all of my personal information, so I had to sort that out and re-apply :smile:
Got an unconditional offer today for chemistry for drug discovery and development
yay well done. hoping I get one soon.
Original post by aj_11_04
Got an unconditional offer today for chemistry for drug discovery and development
Anyone who applied to January 2023 intake in University of Lincoln
Got conditional offer too, submitted all documents required for the conditions of the offer but yet to get any reply😔
Original post by T.damsel
Got conditional offer too, submitted all documents required for the conditions of the offer but yet to get any reply😔

Are you international student? Or Masters? Haven’t heard of an undergrad degree starting in January. Also think the reason why you haven’t heard back is because it takes a lot of time to go through them if a lot of people send them.

Quick Reply

Latest