The Student Room Group

Official: University of Lincoln A18L (Nottingham at Lincoln) 2024 Applicants

Note: This is a University of Nottingham at University of Lincoln Degree, rather than a University of Lincoln standalone degree.

Welcome to the University of Lincoln A18L 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7259921

For general information click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/course/mdcmfyub/
For entry requirements click on the above link and scroll down
For selection process: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/undergraduate-selection-process.aspx

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, what's the difference between the A10L course and the A18L course?
Original post by VilasL06
Hi, what's the difference between the A10L course and the A18L course?

a18l is the 6 year course (foundation year), a10l is the standard 5 year course
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by reubenn05
a18l is the 6 year course (foundation year), a10l is the standard 5 year course

Thanks for your reply! Does A18L have a different cutoff compared to A10L (i heard the cutoff for A10L is 123)?
Thanks for your reply! Does A18L have a different cutoff compared to A10L (i heard the cutoff for A10L is 123)?

a18l will have a different cutoff due to only 6 gcses being scored vs 8 gcses in a10l; foundation years generally have lower cutoffs anyway
Reply 5
a18l will have a different cutoff due to only 6 gcses being scored vs 8 gcses in a10l; foundation years generally have lower cutoffs anyway

Are there foundation medicine courses in other unis like cardiff keele or bham? And do they also have different cutoffs to the standard courses?
Are there foundation medicine courses in other unis like cardiff keele or bham? And do they also have different cutoffs to the standard courses?

keele has one. for these courses you need to fulfil certain contextual criteria as outlined in their entry requirements
Reply 7
Does anyone know selection cut-off points for 2022 and 2023 ? I can't find it anywhere. There is something about applications v offers v places but nothing about selection cut-off.
Reply 8
2022 cutoff was 121 i think, 2023 was 123

Thanks. This is out of 144? Seems very high cut off. I am low than the cutoffs :frown: I think I have to re-consider my choices
Reply 9
out of 152

Sure it is for A18L ? I think 152 is for is for 5 year courses A100 or A10L. For A18L or A108 they only consider 6 GCSE so max you get from GCSE is 24 not 32.
Original post by Sen4ZJ
Sure it is for A18L ? I think 152 is for is for 5 year courses A100 or A10L. For A18L or A108 they only consider 6 GCSE so max you get from GCSE is 24 not 32.

oops ignore the cutoffs i quoted above sorry, thought i was in the a10l thread
Reply 11
What stats are people applying with this year. My calculated score is 120 is this enough for an interview invite to their foundation course?
Reply 12
My stats are:
Nottingham scoring:
-6 GCSE's: 19/24
-UCAT: 40/60 + 45/60= 85/120
-Total= 104
Reply 13
Original post by Aks-y
What stats are people applying with this year. My calculated score is 120 is this enough for an interview invite to their foundation course?

That's a good score, If you dont mind me asking, what was your ucat and sjt?
Reply 14
My stats:
UCAT: 2570 Band 2
GCSEs: 99988765 D*2 P2
A-Levels Achieved: BBC (B's in Bio and Chem)
Meet WP criteria, so I am eligible to apply for the foundation year course
Would this be enough for an interview? I've applied to both notts and lincoln
Reply 15
Original post by 10958948t
That's a good score, If you dont mind me asking, what was your ucat and sjt?

My ucat was average. I got 2530 but I did manage to pull of a band 1 in SJT which was a game changer

Max points for GCSE's - 24/24
Max points for SJT - 60/60
Other UCAT sections- 36/60
Total - 120
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 16
My stats:
UCAT: 2570 Band 2
GCSEs: 99988765 D*2 P2
A-Levels Achieved: BBC (B's in Bio and Chem)
Meet WP criteria, so I am eligible to apply for the foundation year course
Would this be enough for an interview? I've applied to both notts and lincoln

Need to know your ucat subsection score breakdown to work out your point score. You can also calculate it yourself if you go to this link: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/undergraduate-selection-process.aspx#GCSEs

Based on last years thread, people who scored around 100 and above were invited to interview.
Reply 17
Original post by Aks-y
Need to know your ucat subsection score breakdown to work out your point score. You can also calculate it yourself if you go to this link: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/undergraduate-selection-process.aspx#GCSEs

Based on last years thread, people who scored around 100 and above were invited to interview.

Yeah in all my sections I got above 601, so that will be 40 for my ucat plus 45 for my sjt.
Hopefully its the same case for this year, 100 and above receive interviews
Reply 18
Yeah in all my sections I got above 601, so that will be 40 for my ucat plus 45 for my sjt.
Hopefully its the same case for this year, 100 and above receive interviews

Plus the 20 from you 6 highest GCSE's means you have 105 points which I would say is good enough for an interview based on last years thread but it may be different this year. Anyways I expect the point score to go down slightly this year since GCSE grade inflation will not be as bad as it was for 2023 entry.
Has anybody who was just interviewed for Lincoln (not Notts) got an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending