The Student Room Group

History of Art Applications Thread 2023

Hi guys, I couldn't find a thread for 2023 History of Art applicants - feel free to share which unis you're applying to, the A-Levels you're studying etc here

Best of luck with everything!!

@StrawberryDreams - would be great if you could add this thread, thank you
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hiiii(^^)
Applied to Cambridge, Edinburgh, Courtauld, St Andrews and UCL. Just received St Andrews on Nov.1 (I'm international applicant btw)
(edited 1 year ago)
I also applied to Newnham! wish both of us good luck

Original post by LJ1984
which cambridge college did you apply to?
Did you guys receive a confirm email from the Courtauld?
Thanks! :-D

Original post by MariaNovella
Fantastic! Well done!
Got that! I was a bit worried because they didn't send anything after submission

I sent copies of my examination certificates and IELTS report, as requested on the Courtauld website, to their undergraduate admissions email address, and got an acknowledgement. They said that I would not hear back from them until late January at the earliest as they were waiting to receive all applications before making decisions.
(edited 1 year ago)
hii i'm applying to history of art at the courtauld, ucl, soas and goldsmiths (^^) also applying for cultural history at qmu.
how many here are international students?
Me too! They mentioned that they will start to make majority of their decisions after the January deadline

Just received an official acknowledgement ofYeah receipt of application from the Courtauld.
Original post by LJ1984
just received an offer from Bristol!

Congrats me too!! where else did you apply? :smile:
Anyone know when Cambridge are giving out interviews? the wait is driving me insane
Original post by LJ1984
oh me too! i think it depends on your college, there should be a timeline on their website but it's usually around the middle of this month

think they are starting to release now
Why are you only applying to London universities?

studying history of art in london provides better opportunities as you're connected to many galleries such as v&a, the courtauld, tate modern etc. i would prefer to stay in a familiar environment overall. also financial reasons as well, i live here so it'll be easier to work out. many people have told me it's better to apply outside of london too, why is only applying to london unis made out to be a bad thing?
Original post by LJ1984
hi!! best of luck with your application. that cultural history course sounds amazing! i'm a home student

thank you best of luck too! i'm also a home student. have you recieved any offers yet?
Original post by LJ1984
congratulations!! i also applied to birmingham (offer received), the courtauld, cambridge & UAL central saint martins. what about you?

i applied to edinburgh, st andrews, cambridge and ucl (and bristol, offer received)
which cambridge college did u apply to? I applied to trinity!
Original post by BeastModeTrain
think they are starting to release now

yep this morning got my interview invitation !
Original post by dagada420

brilliant, well done !!
That's amazing! Well done ^^

Original post by dagada420
Hi
I have applied to Warwick, Nottingham, Exeter, Sussex and Kent.

Well done to those with offers and interviews already. X
I have received an email from Newnham and it said there will be a small delay on giving out invites.......
They really got bad arrangements... I saw many colleges with literally no confirm emails after sending the written work (for those tripos that need to submit written work) and there is such a big gap between the assessment and the interviews, with exact time and dates not confirmed. I'm still waiting for invitation (and want to know if I need to prepare for it) while I need to deal with my homework deadlines at school.

I checked the website of the college I applied to, St John’s, and it now says History of Art interviews will be on Monday 5 December. So I have two Save the Dates, Tuesday 29 November for the assessment and Monday 5 December for the interview, but no confirmation of either. The logistics are very complicated as the week of 5 December is my critique week and there is no way I can do my interview at my current school. I need to fly home for the weekend, then fly back to school, then fly back again for the Christmas holidays. I can’t book up (to save money on last mini flights) and I don’t want to spend time preparing for an assessment or interview I might not have when I need to invest time preparing for my critique. Grrrr. I’m beginning to find Cambridge very arrogant, assuming that applicants will be able to prioritize the interview over everything else at the last minute.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending