The Student Room Group

Can someone pls help me and send a step by step worked answer thx!!!

In summer the growth rate of grass in a lawn has a normal distribution with mean 3.2 cm per week and
standard deviation 1.4 cm per week. A new type of grass is introduced which the manufacturer claims
has a slower growth rate. A hypothesis test of this claim at the 5% significance level was carried out
using a random sample of 10 lawns that had the new grass. It may be assumed that the growth rate of
the new grass has a normal distribution with standard deviation 1.4 cm per week.
(i) Find the rejection region for the test. [4]
(ii) The probability of making a Type II error when the actual value of the mean growth rate of
the new grass is m cm per week is less than 0.5. Use your answer to part (i) to write down an
inequality for m.
Original post by USER0033
In summer the growth rate of grass in a lawn has a normal distribution with mean 3.2 cm per week and
standard deviation 1.4 cm per week. A new type of grass is introduced which the manufacturer claims
has a slower growth rate. A hypothesis test of this claim at the 5% significance level was carried out
using a random sample of 10 lawns that had the new grass. It may be assumed that the growth rate of
the new grass has a normal distribution with standard deviation 1.4 cm per week.
(i) Find the rejection region for the test. [4]
(ii) The probability of making a Type II error when the actual value of the mean growth rate of
the new grass is m cm per week is less than 0.5. Use your answer to part (i) to write down an
inequality for m.

Its worth reading the posting guidelines sticky at the top of the forum as the aim is to give you hints to solve the problem. So as in your other post, what have you tried / what are you stuck with ...

Quick Reply

Latest