The Student Room Group

GCSE advice please

My first exam is in 6 weeks and I was wondering it if is still possible to attain all grade 9s in my exams.
These were my mock results for reference.
Grade 9: Maths, History, PE
Grade 8: Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Geography, Biology
Grade 7: English Language, Spanish, Computer Science
Any advice is welcomed. Thank you.
Just read and pray to God
Im in y12 for reference :smile:
Firstly, your mock grades look incredible! Clearly,your revision techniques are working since your grades are top notch.
Attaining grade 9's shouldnt be an issue for you, as you're only 1 or 2 grades away from 9's in most subjects.
Little story, i was getting 6's and 7's in my y11 mocks, but in the actual gcse's i got an 8 (which isnt a 9, but still shows you can defiantly jump up grades!)
My advice would be to continue the revision techniques your using, and draw up a revision timetable. I found that helped me plan out what hours i was going to dedicate for what subject. Take time to look at your GCSE exam timetable and plan accordingly. Make sure you ahe a dedicated study space that nice and clean, and snack when studying will bring motivation up!
please please please dont forget to do lots of past papers, i regret not using past papers to their full extent. Take time to study the mark scheme, that way you'll know exactly where the examiners are picking marks up (e.g specific vocab)
Asking teachers for help, attend any after school sessions. You can find amazing videos on yt which give a detailed summary of all topics on certain papers e.g bio paper 1. Dont force yourself to revise, and if you ever lose motivation, just imagine how thankful your future self will be :smile:

If you need anything else let me know ~
Original post by shush2022
My first exam is in 6 weeks and I was wondering it if is still possible to attain all grade 9s in my exams.
These were my mock results for reference.
Grade 9: Maths, History, PE
Grade 8: Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Geography, Biology
Grade 7: English Language, Spanish, Computer Science
Any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Heya!
Make sure to do practice questions and go over them using the mark scheme to see why you are losing marks and how you can fix it. If it helps, Study Mind has free practice questions you can use :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind
Reply 4
Thank you so much!! I feel more confident about achieving my goal now

Original post by momo_basket
Im in y12 for reference :smile:
Firstly, your mock grades look incredible! Clearly,your revision techniques are working since your grades are top notch.
Attaining grade 9's shouldnt be an issue for you, as you're only 1 or 2 grades away from 9's in most subjects.
Little story, i was getting 6's and 7's in my y11 mocks, but in the actual gcse's i got an 8 (which isnt a 9, but still shows you can defiantly jump up grades!)
My advice would be to continue the revision techniques your using, and draw up a revision timetable. I found that helped me plan out what hours i was going to dedicate for what subject. Take time to look at your GCSE exam timetable and plan accordingly. Make sure you ahe a dedicated study space that nice and clean, and snack when studying will bring motivation up!
please please please dont forget to do lots of past papers, i regret not using past papers to their full extent. Take time to study the mark scheme, that way you'll know exactly where the examiners are picking marks up (e.g specific vocab)
Asking teachers for help, attend any after school sessions. You can find amazing videos on yt which give a detailed summary of all topics on certain papers e.g bio paper 1. Dont force yourself to revise, and if you ever lose motivation, just imagine how thankful your future self will be :smile:

If you need anything else let me know ~
Original post by shush2022
Thank you so much!! I feel more confident about achieving my goal now

no problemo!
How did you get all 9s? What revision techniques worked best for you? Is understanding or memorising the material better?

Quick Reply

Latest