The Student Room Group

aqa DT gcse nea themes 2024

hey! does anyone know the contextual challenges / themes for aqa DT gcse in 2024, it was released today I believe, but I can't find it anywhere??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amalia78
hey! does anyone know the contextual challenges / themes for aqa DT gcse in 2024, it was released today I believe, but I can't find it anywhere??

Heyy so I'm doing dt gcse for 2024 too and I couldn't find them earlier but I went onto Google pictures after searching "GCSE DT 2024 NEA contextual challenges" on Google and it's one of the first pictures that came up

Anywyas here they are:
Climate change
Playing games
Securing and storing personal possessions
Reply 2
oh gosh those topics suck 😭😭😭 thank you so much though !!!

They're the worst 😭 No worriess Hahhaha
Reply 4
[01/06 06:49] F RobinsonNEA Contextual Challenges for 2024

Contextual Challenges for 2024

EITHER

1. Keeping warm in winter Cold weather brings a number of challenges for older people. Explore the role of design in meeting the needs of the elderly during the winter months.

OR

2. Celebrations We celebrate for lots of different reasons. Explore a celebration with the view to develop a product that enhances the experiences of those involved.

OR

3. Community cohesion Public spaces help create a connection between people. Explore the role design can play in developing accessible spaces that bring people together.
Reply 5

NEA Contextual Challenges for 2024

EITHER

1. Keeping warm in winter Cold weather brings a number of challenges for older people. Explore the role of design in meeting the needs of the elderly during the winter months.

OR

2. Celebrations We celebrate for lots of different reasons. Explore a celebration with the view to develop a product that enhances the experiences of those involved.

OR

3. Community cohesion Public spaces help create a connection between people. Explore the role design can play in developing accessible spaces that bring people together.
Reply 6
Original post by Ray637yan
NEA Contextual Challenges for 2024

EITHER

OR

OR

hey, I don't know if you're doing the same exam board (if it makes a difference) but the contexts for aqa gcse are climate change, playing games and securing and storing personal posessions as said above 🙂👍
Reply 7
does anyone have any idea of what any of these mean?
we have to research for homework but the results are so random, thanks x
Hi we had to research for homework as well!
Climate change could literally mean anything, but the general theme is trying to tackle rising temperatures in the atmosphere due to global warming. It could refer to trying to cut down on CO2 emissions in everyday life.
Playing games is the simple one imo- it's just about different types of games and entertainment, like monopoly or chess.
Securing/storing personal possessions refers to things like bags, safes, wallets etc.

Hope this helped!
Original post by doughnutsareslay
Heyy so I'm doing dt gcse for 2024 too and I couldn't find them earlier but I went onto Google pictures after searching

What ideas have you come up with for climate change
Reply 11
Original post by Amelia-sam08
What ideas have you come up with for climate change

im not doing climate change but ig you could do something out of recyclable materials or make it earth/environment themed? ngl its a hard topic tho
Reply 12
Heyy so I'm doing dt gcse for 2024 too and I couldn't find them earlier but I went onto Google pictures after searching "GCSE DT 2024 NEA contextual challenges" on Google and it's one of the first pictures that came up

Anywyas here they are:
Climate change
Playing games
Securing and storing personal possessions

I’m acc struggling of what to do for these, i’ve picked securing and storing personal possessions but no clue where to go from it, do you have any ideas😭
Reply 13
Original post by zdot23
I’m acc struggling of what to do for these, i’ve picked securing and storing personal possessions but no clue where to go from it, do you have any ideas😭

same omg my brain is lacking
same omg my brain is lacking

nah its just hard
Original post by zdot23

it turns out im doing edexcel insted of aqa so i have much harder ones and i have no clue what to do haha but i guess for that theme you could just make a safe or like storage holder or organizer or something.
t

it turns out im doing edexcel insted of aqa so i have much harder ones and i have no clue what to do haha but i guess for that theme you could just make a safe or like storage holder or organizer or something.

thats boring though
Reply 17
Ive been told that climate change is the hardest one! brain fog at the moment, my research and investigation is due on the 30th arghh
Original post by Ro100
Ive been told that climate change is the hardest one! brain fog at the moment, my research and investigation is due on the 30th arghh

Heyy for climate change i have an idea ig you could do like a bird house as climate change destroys habitats for birds so this provides them shelter and a "safe spot"
Original post by daniel norris
t

thats boring though

i knoww haha but thats all i could think of rn plus i have other oness so im not sure about these themes

Quick Reply

Latest