The Student Room Group

Senior Physics Challenge Isaac Physics

Hi,
I have recently enrolled in the senior physics challenge on Isaac physics and I am quite sceptical about few things.
First, do they take into account of multiple choice questions at all? Since you can get them right by just guessing.
Second, I have notice that essential pre-university questions are easier to do than the rest, does that by any chance mean that they will be weighted the same as other questions on the same difficulty?
Lastly, would maths and physics questions be weighted equally regardless of the topics?

Sorry if these questions sound a bit excessive to ask, I did not a things about this challenge before. It would very helpful if anyone can answer any of the questions above. Thank you
Reply 1
Firstly note that only A Level, Further A and University level Challenge (C1, C2 and C3) questions are accepted. Given previous years, you'll need about 350+ of these questions to qualify.

Multiple choice questions are accepted. Yes you can guess them, but you gain nothing by it and there are not that many that fill the criteria anyway. Some are easier, but if they are the same difficulty they are weighted the same. Maths and Physics are weighted the same (it's based on difficulty) but you'll need a decently equal amount of both (60/40 split either way at least).
Reply 2
Original post by zaaahir
Firstly note that only A Level, Further A and University level Challenge (C1, C2 and C3) questions are accepted. Given previous years, you'll need about 350+ of these questions to qualify.

Multiple choice questions are accepted. Yes you can guess them, but you gain nothing by it and there are not that many that fill the criteria anyway. Some are easier, but if they are the same difficulty they are weighted the same. Maths and Physics are weighted the same (it's based on difficulty) but you'll need a decently equal amount of both (60/40 split either way at least).

Thank you for the reply. So say if I do 200 C1 maths question and 300 C2/C3 physics questions would that still qualify as an even split?
Reply 3
Yes that should be alright. I'm not faculty though so take it with a pinch of salt.
Reply 4
Original post by zaaahir
Yes that should be alright. I'm not faculty though so take it with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, that should be fine, there aren't nearly as many C2 and C3 question for maths as there are for physics (at least from what I can find on the question selectors). Thanks.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
What counts as an question considering there is multiple parts. Is one question counted as just one part or the whole thing
one question is the whole thing I think

Quick Reply

Latest