The Student Room Group

How to revise for BPHO intermediate challenge

This might sound abrupt and untenable, however, I've qualified for the British Physics Olympiad Intermediate challenge and the questions are quite tricky. Can someone give an extensive list on how to revise for it and the content I need to know, as well as any and all formulas?
Original post by Josef Abolman
This might sound abrupt and untenable, however, I've qualified for the British Physics Olympiad Intermediate challenge and the questions are quite tricky. Can someone give an extensive list on how to revise for it and the content I need to know, as well as any and all formulas?

I guess use Isaac Physics as a start, and then the questions?
Original post by Josef Abolman

I have the exact same problem I have mine tomorrow and I just tried a past paper and got a disgusting score of 5/50 so im very stressed out 😰. I would say you just need the gcse equations but also do you know if it’s multiple choice or not ??? Because last year I did the junior multiple choice and it was fine and a year 12 told me when they did their intermediate last year it was multiple choice but the papers online are so difficult I literally want to cry
I think the best thing you can do is to go through past papers. Practice fluency with GCSE calculation questions as well, but the ones on the paper are much harder/time pressured
Reply 4
Hopefully this isn’t too late - I did the challenge last year. I didn’t really revise for it much, but make sure you know the GCSE stuff really well. Most of the questions are just maths and problem solving, but I found the written section easier than the multiple choice section.

Quick Reply

Latest