The Student Room Group

how to revise stuff you already know

im in y13 and ive been revising since mid jan. there's a few topics on the first papers of my subjects that I just know so well that its genuinely difficult to revise or do practice questions when I already know it, any tips on how to make this work?
Original post by izzy4509x
im in y13 and ive been revising since mid jan. there's a few topics on the first papers of my subjects that I just know so well that its genuinely difficult to revise or do practice questions when I already know it, any tips on how to make this work?

Do questions that are on the same topics, but more difficult, and need more problem-solving.

For example in math, if some topics you know so well, do other problems like STEP/MAT/BMO to stretch your thinking. Or even NRICH/STEP Support Program/Underground Maths
Physics: Isaac Physics, BPhO/Physics Challenge (if you're really strong)
Psychology: i guess maybe extend your knowledge with psychology magazines to have a stronger view of the subject
Other science subjects: Biology/Chem challenges, etc.

That way you can strengthen your problem-solving skills and secure that A*, or at least A. You'd also be able to bridge the gap between university and school.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest