The Student Room Group

Tips for A*s?

I'm studying maths, physics and computer science. My main method of revising is past paper questions and anki flashcards, will this be enough and does anyone have any advice on achieving A* (especially for physics)?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Yes!!!! That's what my teachers recommended
Original post by zajamelia
I'm studying maths, physics and computer science. My main method of revising is past paper questions and anki flashcards, will this be enough and does anyone have any advice on achieving A* (especially for physics)?

I didn't just use past paper questions, but extension and enrichment to improve my general problem-solving skills.

For maths I used MadAsMath (especially the harder 3 star, 4 star) to improve problem solving skills, cambridge pre u questions (the hard ones) and other stuff (like Underground Math) for those A* questions and problem solving. Past papers for fluency.

Physics: Past papers period. You can do enrichment in Isaac Physics (especially the Challenge questions) to stretch your thinking as an A/A* student. The Isaac Physics books (pre-uni physics, pre-uni math for sciences) are very helpful.

Revision guides are OK although some aren't great.

For A/A* and beyond you need to study for understanding or you just won't get it. If you can get straight A/A* or even A* and A grades, or even A*A*A* then you have a solid-ish foundation on the subject. I say "ish" because A-level math is merely mathematical methods.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Is Uplearn good ?

Quick Reply

Latest