The Student Room Group

Revising for Edexcel's AS Maths - running out of material.

I'm sitting AS Maths. I have completed all questions and exam papers for the specification on physics and maths tutor. Particularly for Stats, does anyone have any ideas where I might find some more? If not, which exam boards are closest to Exdexcel's spec (and are the old specification papers any good?) Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Would you like to take a look at Maths Genie? They have questions by topic for Edexcel AS and A-level Maths, and they cover both pure and applied topics
Original post by UndercoverJames
I'm sitting AS Maths. I have completed all questions and exam papers for the specification on physics and maths tutor. Particularly for Stats, does anyone have any ideas where I might find some more? If not, which exam boards are closest to Exdexcel's spec (and are the old specification papers any good?) Any help would be hugely appreciated!

I’d leave the old spec papers alone, especially for stats (S1 and S2) and mechanics (M1 and M2) as they contain a lot of material that is now either in the second year of normal A level maths or is now part of the FM1, FM2, FS1 and FS2 elective papers for new further maths course.

You can probably get away with using the papers by the other exam boards, except possibly MEI and you should ignore the large data set questions in them.
Original post by TravelMasterA
Would you like to take a look at Maths Genie? They have questions by topic for Edexcel AS and A-level Maths, and they cover both pure and applied topics

Never heard of them! Thank you.
Reply 4
How about redoing the papers?
If you have come across problems that you can't do the first time, can you do it now? (Surprisingly the answer is often no.)

The "type" of questions usually don't change too much every year, really...
Reply 5
Original post by UndercoverJames

All other exam board AS papers are good to try. The content is basically the same.

Quick Reply

Latest