The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Physics

Hi,
I'm struggling with chapter 12.4 summary questions Q4 question in the textbook (p211).
Please can anyone tell me the working out for this question?
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Amr F
Hi,
I'm struggling with chapter 12.4 summary questions Q4 question in the textbook (p211).
Please can anyone tell me the working out for this question?
Thank you

How do you expect anyone to know which textbook this is from? Instead of providing directions to the question in whichever textbook you’re referring to, wouldn’t it be easier to post the question?
Reply 2
I'm assuming you're referring to the Oxford AQA A-level physics book.
The question tells you that resistance and temperature are connected via a linear relationship, hence constructing a linear equation in the form.
y = mx + c, is a reasonable approach.
Let, y = resistance in ohms and x = temperature in degrees C.
Use the additional lines below if needed but first try to attempt the problem with the information given and try to use hints only when necessary so that you can prepare yourself for future problems.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Osazoname
I'm assuming you're referring to the Oxford AQA A-level physics book.
The question tells you that resistance and temperature are connected via a linear relationship, hence constructing a linear equation in the form.
y = mx + c, is a reasonable approach.
Let, y = resistance in ohms and x = temperature in degrees C.
Use the additional lines below if needed but first try to attempt the problem with the information given and try to use hints only when necessary so that you can prepare yourself for future problems.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you very much
That was really helpful, I get it now 👍

Quick Reply

Latest